10.29.2011

Hallowmas

As Harry Connick Jr. would say, I'm doing my Christmas dreaming a little early this year. I know, I know, it's not even Halloween yet! You're all screaming that at your computer screens right now. But I can't help it! Plus the fact that I woke up to a frigid 28 degrees this morning. Um, it's only October? (I know, that's what y'all are trying to explain to me. Calm down with the Christmasness, Michelle). I'm such a Christmas junkie. Yes, Fall is my absolute favorite season of all, but toward the end of October I start to get the Christmas twitch. I find myself "accidentally" switching to my Christmas playlist on my iPod and thinking of Christmas gift ideas and scouring the Christmas aisles of Hobby Lobby (and sniffing all the Christmas candles. I looked like I was trying to get high off wax). But it's genetic, I promise. On the 25th of every month my dad sends me a text with the amount of months left until Christmas. We live all year for December 25th! My mom and my husband just don't understand our excitement for the Christmas season and are therefore clearly lacking some serious joy in their lives.

Anywhoo, I digress. This is my first Christmas as a married woman. Crazy! I want to send out some sort of cute photo Christmas card to our close friends and relatives. I want it be all, "Merry Christmas from the BELLAMYS!" Just because I can. And I want some sort of cute picture of the two of us. I thought about using a wedding picture, but we had a spring wedding and I felt like that would be too clashy. Am I over thinking this? Probably.  Too bad I left all my photographer friends in North Carolina. But I've done a little research on Christmas card ideas.


I found these gems on Shutterfly, a fave picture sight of mine.