12.22.2011

3 days?!


Wow, I've been a terrible blogger! I did what I promised myself I wouldn't do. So much has happened in the last month. I got a new job and left my previous, awful job. As much of a relief as it was, that change alone has caused so many ups and downs. Things are finally calming down. We're settling into our new normal, just in time for Christmas and the new year :)

Speaking of Christmas!! It's in THREE DAYS?!?! I'm so confused. I have to say, the Christmas season isn't quite as magical without having a Christmas break. It makes wrapping, baking, shopping, and decorating much more difficult to fit in. Oh well.

Anywho, I thought I'd share a little of my Christmas decorations! Instagram style. As much as I'd like to do so much more, it's our first Christmas and it's about as much as I could handle this year with everything going on. I wanted to get a white tree this year, and decorate it with red and turquoise ornaments, but the husband wasn't so keen on a white tree....darn ;)I told him as soon as we buy a house, I'll have several trees, and one of them will be white. :)

Part of our tree! And some garland from Target.

Part of the mantle. I found the print on Pinterest. I can't remember the exact source.
Other side of mantel. Reindeer print also found through Pinterest. So cute!

I helped my parents decorate their house on Black Friday. Here's proof!

Little Danish elves on the mantle (a nod to my Danish heritage.) My dad calls them coneheads.
I think they're charming :)

One of my great-grandmonther's ornaments from the 40s. I think it's awesome that the metal
part at the top says "Made in West Germany." We noticed it for the first time this year. So cool!
A yarnball/ornament wreath I made for my mom last Christmas. Some of the ornaments fell off and need to be glued back on, hence the reason it looks a little awkward :)
Joe, my mom's kitty. He loves clearly loves Christmas ;)
:)

That's all for tonight. I'm going to go make some hot chocolate and finish watching White Christmas (aka the best movie ever!!!) I won't disappear for a month and half this time :)


life rearranged

1 comment:

  1. Love your decorations, especially the reindeer print & that ornament! LOVE White Christmas & I agree... BEST. MOVIE. EVER!

    Merry Christmas! = )

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.