1.20.2012

Friday Faves

This week was a 4 day week. Thanks, MLK! But seriously, I swear the 4 day weeks go slower than the 5 day weeks. That would happen. Sigh. Whine whine whine.

Anywho, though this week has been a bit of a blur, here are 5 of my favorite things this week!


1. DIY Kitchen Art! It's a placeholder for now, but I like it. Plus, it's right next to the kitchen sink, so I giggle every time I do the dishes. Winning. 


2. Essie's "Chinchilly" nail polish. It's kind of a warm grey, and I loooove it. So much so that I painted my finger nails. First time they've been painted since my wedding day! And I need to redo them, because they're already chipping. I didn't put enough topcoat on. Boo.

I went to see my parents the day I painted them. My mom asked me if my nails are painted grey and then went "grey nails look like death. Oh! But not yours, honey.....your nails don't look like death. Just all the other grey nails." She cracks me up.


3. Snow! Glorious snow! I know I wrote about it last week, but it snowed again yesterday and it's  just so darn pretty! Every time it snows I get all giddy like I've never seen it before. Even people at work had their noses pressed against the windows yesterday waiting for the snow, and so excited once it finally started drifting down.


4. Breakfast for dinner. Is there anything better? Let me answer that for you: no, there isn't. Last night was cold and snowy and all I wanted was a heaping plate of bacon (that's all I want from life, a heaping plate of bacon). As you can see below, I did limit myself. Thankfully. 


5. My kitteh cat, Noel. She was my Christmas present from my husband, and she's the best! This week she's stepped up to sidekick status. She won't leave my side! When I shower in the morning, she sits outside the shower and meows until I get out. At night when I sit in bed and read or check email/blog, she lays right next to me. Right now, for instance, she's pouncing and attacking my feet under the blanket, which she clearly must think are evil monsters or something. A few days ago she was watching me surf the interwebz and kept meowing and batting at the cursor. I couldn't stop laughing, and I took a million videos. I might need to share them. And when she gazes up at me in her adorable little kitty poses, I die a little from cuteness overload. 



What good things happened to you this week?


Btw, if you could keep my husband and his family in your prayers this weekend, that would be great. My father-in-law has been battling cancer for the past three years, and he's about to lose the fight. We found out yesterday that his organs are failing, and all the doctors can do is try to treat his pain and keep him comfortable. Husband just had to book a last second flight to North Carolina that leaves in the morning. I wish I was able to go with him. My heart breaks watching his break, and I wish I could be there to support him while he says goodbye to his dad. 


10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that about your father in law. That's never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nail color! And I am so so sorry to hear about your FIL as well. That would be so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, breakfast for dinner is the best! I will have to try out that nail polish color. I'm starting to become slightly obsessed with polish lately. Your Christmas kitty is adorable. What a sweet gift.

    I'm so sorry your hubby and his family is going through this difficult time. Prayers for peace for all of them. Cancer sucks! A former boss of mine passed yesterday after a 3 year battle with breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen art! Did you do it yourself or is it a printable?

    So sorry about you FIL. So tough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog.... I love it! Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! I found it through the link up with E Tells Tales. Your kitty is so so cute. And breakfast for dinner is the best!

    So sorry about your father in law. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. We just went through the exact same thing Thanksgiving weekend, it's a hard thing to get through. I can't imagine not being able to be there too, strength to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I love Noel, she is such a cutie! :) My cat, Poppy, sometimes likes to hang out outside the shower too! I also love the "Lettuce Turnip the Beet" poster - very clever!!

    I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your father in law :( I will most definitely be keeping you and your family in my prayers. As for your kittie, she's adoreable! Best Christmas present ever!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.