1.27.2012

High Five fo' Fridizzle!

Dudes & Dudettes,

I am so happy it's Friday! This has been an emotionally, mentally, and physically draining week. I'm so glad it's almost over. It's been one of those weeks that actually flew by, but when I think back to the beginning of the week it feels like it was a year ago. Whew.

This week had some crazy ups and downs. But let's focus on the good, shall we?

Here are five good things about this week.



1. This sign I spotted at Kroger:


High five, Kroger, high five.




2. These crockpot chicken tacos. Recipe found here.


They were soooo good and so easy to make! The recipe says to cook on low for 6-8 hours. I forgot how long I was actually going to be gone that day, and they cooked for 10 hours and were perfect. Go make them now!




3. In keeping with the accidental food theme, I found this ice cream the other night.

"Vanilla bean ice cream with a salty caramel swirl & fudge covered potato chip clusters."
I mean, how awesome does that look?! I snagged it at the store after a particularly difficult day. I don't emotional eat or anything ;). It's the perfect salty/sweet mix. Oh, and it's Jimmy Fallon's signature flavor. Double score.




3. Girl's night.



I've been watching Downton Abbey every night this week with Noel. My life is that exciting. I know how to party. But I guess shouldn't really call it a girls night, since I hear my friends Ben & Jerry might be showing up later.




4. Speaking of Downton Abbey, Downton Abbey is good it needs, nay, demands it's own number.


Have you heard of it?! It's Masterpiece Theater, which always puts out awesome stuff, and it's shown on PBS but available to stream on Netflix. GO WATCH IT NOW. You will thank you me later and make me your best friend. It's kind of Jane Austen-ish. It follows an aristocratic family and their servants through love and struggles of the day and starts off with the sinking of the Titanic in 1912. I even dreamed about this show last night. Yes, I'm that obsessed. But my dream was basically one big British accent, so it was basically the best dream ever.

My best friend Laura is the first person who told me I had to see it. We texted it about it earlier. Here's proof of my nerdness (as if you needed any): 





5. The Big Bang Theory.


I've watched a few episodes here and there over the years, but I just recently realized the very obvious fact that this is God's gift to TV (ha, irony!). My husband surprised me with the first season, and I'm so obsessed. I took it to my parents house over the weekend. My dad, who pretty much hates all modern day TV that doesn't involve a political debate or a football, loved it. 

So that's been my week. Lots of food and TV. How was yours?

While you're thinking on that, let me just leave you with this little gem:

Pinned here.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love The Big Bang Theory!! I'm going to have to try that recipe too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and i used to hate Big Bang Theory, then Blossom started appearing on it and now we are hooked.

    Hope you have a lovely wekend!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.