1.09.2012

Resolutions

I think this is the first year I'm starting to follow through with my resolutions. Granted, it's only a week into 2012, but it just feels different this time. I'm trying to change and develop habits and lifestyle changes rather than forcing myself to do something I know won't last. Here are some of the things I'm focusing on this year.

1. Do more of what I love.





This one is loaded. I need a creative outlet. During college I had to give up so many hobbies. I stopped knitting, playing piano, and I was always writing for class, not for pleasure. I want to recapture my passion for my former loves, as well as develop new ones. I started knitting again last weekend, and it felt amazing to create something again. My parents bought me a sewing machine for Christmas, and I am thrilled. I haven't sewed since I was little, so I'm basically starting from scratch. I've been bookmarking sewing tutorials and projects for the past year, and I'm so excited to get it set up this weekend! I also want to get a whole lot better with my camera, and learn how to shoot manually.  

Another big part of this resolution is this blog. I want to grow my blog and make it a true outlet for me. I want to connect with other people through our lives and words. I'm so excited to see where it goes.

2. Be healthy. I used to run several miles every morning and eat healthfully. I lost easy access to a gym one semester, and the last 2 years have been such a struggle to get back into that groove. I started the couch to 5K running plan this week, and I'm so excited. It's for runners with basically no endurance (aka me!) and it gets you walking and jogging until you can run a full three miles. I think this regimen is exactly what I needed.

3. Read 50 books in 2012. I'm a major bookworm, so I think I can easily pull this off. I've never kept track of how many books I've read, so I'm excited to try.

2 comments:

  1. these are great resolutions. i haven't sat down and decided what i want to try this year! loved reading your list :)

    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to write down all the books I read for many years, but eventually stopped doing it, something I really regret now...

    great resolutions! good luck with them :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.