1.13.2012

TGIF

It's Friiiiidaaaay!

I am so glad. This week has been exhausting. Good grief.

Anywho, here are my five top things about this week!

1. Aebleskivers. They are amazing in ways you could never imagine. I know you're probably scratching your heads, so let me explain. Aebleskivers (pronounced ay-bull-skee-vers) are a traditional Danish breakfast. My dad's family is Danish, so this is always served at family gatherings/reunions and on special occasions. They're basically fried pancake balls traditionally served with powdered sugar on top and a side of jam. I like them with syrup. My grandma always puts raisins in them. They're cooked in their own silly looking pan and you flip them with knitting needles. Anyway, the point is that I made them all by myself and introduced the husband to them. He's in love. And I did my family proud. Every woman in my family is given an aebleskiver pan for their wedding. I'm finally putting mine to good use!

2. Tim Horton's, or  Timmy Ho's, as I affectionally refer to it :) It's a Canadian company that's also in the Midwest. It's basically a fast food Panera plus amazing donuts. And a lady at work handed me a stack of coupons. Score. I would not survive work without some Timmy Ho's coffee.

3. Waking up the other morning to find these from my sweet husband:

4. Snow! It's been snowing since last night. Only about 1-2 inches of accumulation, but I'll take it! It's so beautiful. I tried to snap a picture, but I was inside at work all day. It was dark when I got there and dark when I left. Boo.

5. This book series. Seriously, it will change your life. It's basically Pirates of the Caribbean, but with a lot more Jesus thrown in (& a little more love story ;). Never in my entire life have I been so engrossed in a book. I've been secluding myself on my lunch breaks to read a few more chapters. I caught myself crying at one point, and I'm really hoping my coworkers didn't see that. I was reading it on the kindle app on my phone at my desk one day(don't tell on me!) and gasped so loud the whole office probably heard. Whoops. Suffice it so say, I'm addicted to these books. And the author. I read another series by her and was just as engrossed. She's major talented. Gah.

Anywho, have a great weekend folks! I think I might just set up my new sewing machine :)

1 comment:

  1. New to your blog and got so excited when I saw you mention "Timmies"{what I call it ;)} I'm originally from Canada but living in PA and wish we had a Timmies closer then two hours north of us. Your so lucky!! I really miss it. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee for me sometime hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.