2.14.2012

All you need is love

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know so many people hate it, but I love V-day. I always have, even during my awkward single years. But that's probably because my mom always gave me chocolate and a book (nerd alert!) every V-day (thanks mom!).  I know it's a silly, cheesy holiday, but it makes me so happy. And today I'm sitting at work listening to jazz, sipping coffee, and munching on a glazed donut while big marshmellow snowflakes fall outside. And while we're saving our Valentine's extravaganza until the weekend, I am going to try my hand at some homemade red velvet cupcakes tonight. :)

Even though I'm stuck at work, I'm going to focus on things I love today instead of getting stressed out.


I love that my husband wakes up at 6:30 to spend time with me while I eat breakfast and get ready for work, even though he doesn't have to work until 11.

I love that someone left donuts in the break room this morning. Helllloooooo!

I love that I married my best friend 9 months ago today, and in 3 months we will celebrate one year as husband and wife.

I love weekends spent lounging by our little brick fireplace with the smell of vanilla candles in the air.

I love that winter has finally arrived in Ohio.

I love that I have a sweet little kitty who runs down the stairs meowing as soon as I get home from work.

I love that I live near my parents again.

I love that even though my husband is not a very festive person, he indulges me (aka the most festive person ever).

I love the existence of coffee.

I love that my husband brings me flowers for no reason and makes me coffee every morning.

I love that my blog is starting to grow, even if the progress is very slow.

I love that my husband is constantly telling me some super goofy dumb joke that makes me roll my eyes. Even though I act annoyed, I secretly love it.

I love that I have a Heavenly Father who shoulders all my burdens and never leaves me.

I love that I have the hope of having babies someday, God willing.


I think I should start thinking this way every day. <3

10 comments:

  1. Such a very sweet post!
    I too don't mind Valentines :) It's always better when you have a love tho.
    Hoping my hub and I can stay in together tonight and watch a movie.
    Who says you need to spend a lot, eh?

    Much love,
    Kelly
    www.labellecoeurblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best kind of date night! :)

      Delete
  2. what a great, lovely list! I hope you have a wonderful, romantic day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your last line! To me Valentine's has always been kind of like Thanksgiving. It reminds me to wake up and really appreciate the things that I love (Like Thanksgiving makes you really think about what you are thankful for)

    Have a great V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I awarded you the Liebster Blog Award! Read about it on my blog!!

    www.thetattooedfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Helps me think about my happy things too. I gave you a shout out (and a back link) on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad you love it :)

      Delete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.