2.17.2012

High Five for Friday

Hi friends! It's Friday!

*cue hallelujah chorus*

In true Friday fashion, here's my top five for the week!


1. Valentine's baking! 

I whipped up some strawberry cookies the day before V-day, and then made some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting on Valentine's. Baking is one of my most favorite things in the world, but I try not to do it too much because my pants just aren't getting any smaller, if you know what I mean. But man, those cupcakes are deeeeeelish. The strawberry cookies are good, but the recipe calls for cake mix. After these cookies, I've decided cake mix tastes too chemically (I've gone health nut?!), so I think I'll try them from scratch next time. 

2. My new French Bible!


I figure it's a great way to keep up with my French. I haven't had anyone to speak French with since May! I'm so rusty already. Depressing. Je suis triste. Le sigh. I want to go back to college just to be in the French Department again. Le nerd. 

3. JIM GAFFIGAN TICKETS!!


He'll be in Cleveland the weekend before our 1 year wedding anniversary, so we figured we would make a weekend celebration out of it. Plus we got a good deal on these tickets. Not the best seats, but I don't care! I've wanted to seem him live forever! During college one of my friends and I would rent his dvds and spend all weekend watching them and laughing hysterically. If you're not familiar with him, first of all I'm sorry for the huge lack of joy in your life, and second, check this, and this. You're welcome.

I just love how he heckles himself. So hilarious! 

Bibbity Bobbity BACON!

4. I've finally discovered lipstick.

Let me explain. I obviously knew it existed. But I never thought I could wear it. I've always struggled with worrying if I could pull off an outfit, or recently, red lipstick. But then it donned on me....who cares if I pull it off? What does that even mean? What standards/expectations do we have to meet to "pull something off?" So I'm working on slowly becoming more bold in my clothing, makeup, and hair. I want to start wearing what I want and not what will help me blend in and keep me from ridicule.


You know the picture in the top right corner? Yeah, I really am that pale. Thanks Irish relatives I never met.


I've been working up my courage and wearing it around the house, but I'm totally ready to bust out the red lips in public this weekend. 

What do you think?? 

5. I finished my taxes!!! I've been terrified of doing my taxes. My mom, the financial/tax wizard, always did them for me since I got my first job in high school. Now I'm on my own. I forced myself to sit down last night and do them, and I called my my parents every five seconds screaming for help. I'm so relieved that I finished them, but I had nooooo idea what I was doing. I felt like I was just pushing buttons. I think the whole complicated mess of reporting taxes could be considered cruel and unusual punishment. 

And now I'm terrified of an audit. I'm terrified the IRS is going to come snatch me up and throw me in jail for hitting the wrong key. Ahh! 

Come bail me out? Thanks. You're a pal. 

And now, the weekend! We're celebrating Valentine's Day. We're going on a little getaway in the city. I'm excited. I need a break from my weird coworkers. 

And the from doing the dishes. 

Cheers!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. OMGGGGG Jim Gaffigan! That will be SO fun! He is a crack up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine's treats look yummy! I think you can totally rock that lipstick. I say go for it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red lipstick - NICE!
    Looks good, girl! I say rock them in public :)

    Happy Friday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberry cookies, red lips, AND your taxes are done?! Sounds like a good week to me!

    Happy Friday & weekend, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You speak French?!? I'm so impressed right now :-) I took ASL in college haha, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. those strawberry cupcakes look great! and i think a bible in French is a great way for sure to keep up your language ability. where did you buy it? enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm slowly but surely working up the courage to wear red lipstick in public. It's the most drastic change in makeup I've made since the early black eyeliner days in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the red lipstick! Just go out there with it on in confidence and you won't regret it!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Michelle thanks for checking out my blog-I am now YOUR newest follower! I love your blog AND your yellow mixer! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there - visiting from High Five for Friday :) Love Jim Gaffigan!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. isn't baking just the best?! it's one of my favorite things to do on my day off. you will have to share your yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle - I'm visiting from High 5 For Friday! Cute blog! I love your red lipstick...totally hope you've worn it out by now - if not you totally should! I'd appreciate you stopping by my blog when you get a chance!

    Kristin @ HouseOnAHillBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a very cool idea to get a French Bible! I am not fluent but like to keep up with it too. I bet that reading it in French gives different color to some of the messages. Which I think is cool because the Word is living.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WE LOVE JIM.

    (I'm going thru your blog, ps. Go me.)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.