3.08.2012

Arbitrary Thoughts Vol. III

1. First off, thank you guys so much for all the sweet emails and comments yesterday!!! Made my day much better. I went home and put on my pink polka dot pajamas, lit my favorite vanilla candle, and curled up on the couch and watched tv. It was bliss, and my mood finally started to improve. Plus, my husband came home with pink and yellow daisies :) He's a good man. I feel bad that he has to endure my whiny and ranty texts all day. And I'm hoping and praying for a much better day today.


2. Speaking of watching tv last night, I got pretty much caught up on this season of American Idol. I loved that show in high school, but then got sick of it and haven't watched it in several years. But I've been watching it this season, and I just need to say this: Phillip Phillips. He's weird and awkward. I'm weird and awkward. No wonder I love him {his music} so much. I knew he was my favorite since his audtion. Once he was safe and sound in the top 10, I channelled all my frustration from the day and screamed at the tv judges for not keeping Jen & Reid. Sigh.


3. Wearing light colored khakis on a rainy day was a bad choice. It's like a wet t-shirt contest for my butt.


4. I am not a fan of country music, but for some reason I love bluegrass/folk stuff, a la Civil Wars. And since I rekindled my love for them, I've also rekindled the flame for the Avett Brothers. I've loved them since I was introduced to them four years ago on the most awkward first date. And I don't mean awkward as in we didn't know what to talk about. I mean awkward as in he brought his ex girlfriend with him. I wish I were kidding. I should probably write a whole post on that someday.

Back to the Avett Bros. I'm reobsessed with the song Go to Sleep. {I'd link to the song, but I'm at work and all that stuff is blocked.} And Paranoia in B Flat Major? Yeah, you better believe that was my song yesterday. I had a whole pity party on the way home listening to it.

5. I love rainy days. I mean, I love them. When I walked out the door this morning, it was 64 degrees (say WHAT!) and the air was fresh and crisp with the smell of rain. I wish I could capture that in a bottle.

6. A few days ago, I heard a bunch of sirens going down the street while at work. I didn't think too much about it until paramedics came flying out of the elevator 3 feet in front of me with a stretcher. Noticing my jaw on the floor, one of them goes "Oh, you weren't expecting us? Didn't somebody overdose here?" They verified with dispatch that they had the correct address, and I flew around the building in heels asking people about the "overdose" and looking for someone passed out on the floor. Nada. I went back upstairs, and the same paramedic sheepishly admitted that they were, in fact, supposed to be across the street. They almost needed to put me on the stretcher due to a heart attack.

7. I forgot to marinate the chicken last night. For the third night in a row. I take this as a sign from above that I need to eat Chipotle for dinner.

8. My birthday is one week from today! It's the first birthday in years that I'll be able to spend with my family. I even have a special birthday dress picked out (no, I'm not turning 6).

9. How's your Thursday going? Tell me everything.




linking up here.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you have a birthday dress picked out! So adorable.

    Also, I'm pretty sure I need to hear the story about the awkward first date. Completely fantastic.

    Thanks for linking up Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to read this post, because it really seems like you're feeling better today.
    And you really need to write a post about that awkward first date!

    Happy Friday Eve, dear! The weekend is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to hear the entire post on #4!!!

    And I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that you need to make an entire post about the awkward date. I don't understand why you think it was so awkward. It's a completely normal thing to do. I always took my ex-boyfriends AND my mother to all of my new dates. And, when I say always I really mean never. Um, how weird is that?!?! I am very much looking forward to reading that story if you decide to share it!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.