3.02.2012

Friday's Letters

Dear guy at work with the much too tight khaki pants,
First of all, ew. Second, even though you are only several years out of college (I assume),
 you're clearly trying to relive your glory frat boy days. What you think is swagger actually makes you look like a pretentious peacock. I have to stifle a chuckle every time you walk by. However, I spotted this little gem right outside your cubical yesterday. Maybe there's hope for you after all.
(Update: he literally walked by and strutted as I was typing this. Chuckles could not be stifled).




Dear coffee,
You are the only reason I am alive. The only reason I made it through this week. I could write a book of sonnets to you. The more I see you, the more I want you. I can't get enough. It's your tantalizing aroma that gets me out of bed in the morning. It's the promise of a caffeine induced buzz that helps me force myself to go to work. But all I want to do is spend more time with you. I want to lay in bed with a warm mug of you, take you outside. Go on a road trip together. No matter what I'm doing, it's you I'm thinking of.
Run away with me?


Dear husband,
I love that you read my blog yesterday and came home from work bearing Jeni's ice cream. You are awesome. And cute. Maybe I'll keep you.
Brambleberry Crisp FTW.

 
(In case you're reading again) I'm needing mexican food in the best worst way. Wouldst thou care to accompany me? Tomorrow? Or even better, after work tonight? El Vaquero, say, 8:15? I'll be the girl in the blue shirt. And also the girl shoving fistfuls of chips in her mouth like she has ten seconds to live.


 
Dear entire world,
Have a good weekend :)



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle,

    You are simply adorable! The fistful of chips had me rolling! It was all I could do not to LOL right here in the middle of class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best. husband. EVER!
    Loved your letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, these were great! I have a full visual of the peacock strutting by your desk, love!

    xo,
    Amira

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share a love for coffee. Unfortunately I ran out on tuesday so I had to go 2 WHOLE days without it! Well I should be honest I only went 2 whole mornings, but still it felt like an eternity! Props to your husband! That ice cream looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are hilarious. Especially the peacock. I know a few of those....

    My name is Michelle (holla!) and my nickname too is Shell Bell (but spelled- ChelleBelle). I think we should be friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with coffee too! So much so that when they opened a Corney Bakery Cafe near me I stood in life at 5:00 in the morning just to get free coffee for a year! I once wrote a whole blog post about it too. =) I found your blog through Follow Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shove fist fulls of chips (and salsa) down my throat every single day. I wouldn't live.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! Love your tone! And I'm sorry, but that bit to coffee had me rolling! I'll be back to read your posts, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL at the peacock description! You are way too cute and sounds like you have a pretty awesome husband as well. Found you blog via follow friday. Been checking it and and loving it. Now following! Hoping you will visit me and want to follow too :)

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I found your blog through Follow Friday. I don't share the same love with coffee as you do but ice cream and mexican food is a different story (: I look forward to reading your blog and becoming friends. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a friend who gave up coffee for Lent, and I do not understand how she is functioning without it! I don't know life without coffee anymore haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your blog through #FF & I'm following now! What I've read so far is cute & I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these! You are TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love these little letters.
    and that ice cream looks DELICIOUS!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.