4.02.2012

Bird Nests




I made you a delicious spring/Easter treat!

You're welcome.

These are super easy and yummy. They're salty and sweet with an abundance of sugar. What's not to love? And I think they would be super fun for kids or a party.


Ingredients:
*1/2 a large bag of chocolate chips
*1/2 large bag of butterscotch chips (I'm sure you could substitue white chocolate or leave these out all together if you're so inclined)
*3/4 cup peanut butter
*Pretzel sticks (ok, so I didn't measure these. But I used about 4-5 large handfuls. Just depends how many you want to use)
*Mini Cadburry eggs

Yields 10-12 servings, depending on how big you make the nests.




1. Throw chocolate and butterscotch chips into a mircrowaveable bowl. Microwave until mostly melted (about 1-2 minutes). Stop to stir every 30 seconds or so with a rubber spatula.






2. After the chips are melted, add the peanut butter and stir until well combined.


Now lick the spatula. And smile.

3. Mix pretzels with the yummy mixture you hopefully did not just eat all of. And if you're smarter than me, you'll use a bigger bowl. Much easier to add the pretzels and stir them. Make sure they're coated evenly. Once mixed, spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin. Make them as big or as little as you like. I made mine rather large, so I only had enough mixture to fill 10 out of the 12 wells.




4. Put the pan in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour to allow the mixture to cool and harden. Once hardened, I used a knife to pry these out of the tin. Top with Cadburry eggs and voila! Little birds nest to stuff your face with.





Now let's hope we can all still fit into our Easter dresses.



adapted from this recipe.

7 comments:

  1. These are so tasty! I've made them a few times myself. I love though that you used a muffin tin to form them! I usually just scoop out some and form it on a piece of waxed paper. A muffin tin seems so much simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so yummy! And very cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the snack :) I heart bird nests. I haven't had them with pretzels before. My mother-in-law makes them with chow mein noodles. Sounds weird but they are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R U serious? they.look.perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen those before but never had a reason to make them! Now I just want to make them to eat! Nice work, Michelle! I'm officially drooling at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look absolutely delicious! perfect for easter desserts ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.