4.18.2012

Things

There are things in this world that I like.

And there are things in this world that I don't like.

Let's look at some examples, shall we?


Things I don't like

1. A certain old man at work who needs to retire who scolded me yesterday afternoon for not emailing out a reminder for a meeting the following day (today). When I explained that I had no idea a meeting was scheduled, he reminded me that this meeting is on the third Wednesday of every month.

Every month? But we haven't had this meeting in four months!

And he responded, telling me that I should just know to send the email out.

{Sidebar: This is very reminiscent of the time he told me to send an email out to cancel a meeting, which I did, and then flipped his crap when no one showed up to said meeting. WHY WOULD YOU CANCEL A MEETING?!  he bellowed. Because you told me to, dude.}


As frustrated as I was, I got over it.  I've gotten pretty used to that kind of stuff. But that's not all.

2. I attended the aforementioned meeting this afternoon (which, by the way, is in my job description to attend even though it has nothing to do with my job. welcome to my daily hell), where, after discussing his cataracts for ten minutes, old man pointed to me in the back corner and said:

"This is Michelle. She's the one who sends out reminders for our meetings. You'll notice that she did not send it out a week in advance like she was supposed to. But I had a talk with her and was assured it won't happen again. If she would have sent it out earlier, I'm sure there would be a lot more people here. It's a shame."

Yes. That really happened.

And then the woman in front of me whispered to the woman next to her and said "Well no wonder there's hardly anyone here! She can't wait till the last minute to email that out!"

Can I quit yet?

3. PMS. 'nuff said.

4. My townhouse looking like several toddlers and some pigs came to visit. I seriously have no clue what happened in this place, but I'm starting to twitch.

5. Dreaming about waffles, and waking up to no waffles. Is there anything worse?

6. West Elm's prices. Are their quilts lined with gold?!



Things I like

1. A cup of coffee after work to gear me up for the "gym."

2. Being able to run a mile without begging for death to quickly enrapture my being. This is big progress.

3. Cilantro.

4. Ikea sending the correct parts to our bed (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

5. A husband who remembers to run the dishwasher when I forget. And who puts together the aforementioned bed while I help/play on my iPad.

6. My mom. Hi, mom!



Yes. This post was basically an excuse to rant about my job. With a few little rays of sunshine to remind me that my life isn't as horrible as it seems some days. I will now leave you with this completely irrelevant picture my mom emailed me the other day.





How was your Wednesday?

10 comments:

  1. Why don't you have a button? I'd proudly display it on my blog. I always love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon is the answer to everything. Yum. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bacon. And if Amira is going to take your button then I want one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! There was an old man at my job who one time SCREAMED at me in front of students (like legit red-faced screamed)Luckily he retired at the end of last school year. I totally feel your pain about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a craaaazy co-worker. And love the bacon graphic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot believe about that old guy! *shudder* how terrible of him. Shame on him for not having any manners whatsoever! Sorry friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hearing stories about your job remind me of my old gymnastics job. My boss was known to yell at us for not getting things done that she never even told us to do. There always seems to be that person. Just pretend all of your co-workers are like the crazy people on The Office. Even if it doesn't make it better you can have something to laugh to yourself about. :)

    Yay for Cilantro! I love it. I would probably eat it on everything if I knew it would taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I work with a couple of old guys and technically, I'm in charge of them. There's nothing worse than a 25 year old girl being in charge of guys in their 60's.

    I love it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That guy sounds awful! So sorry that you have to work in that kind of environment, hope that new job prospects are right around the corner for you, and you can move on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! That guy sounds a little wack. And yes, that would be so embarrassing that he did that in front of other people! I'm sorry! But you know what? I can really relate to the "dreaming about waffles, wake up, no waffles" thing. It seems like once you get in the mood for waffles, they are on your mind until you have them! Yummmm. Now I want waffles!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.