5.04.2012

Friday's Letters: I'm weird edition


I am head over heels in love with you.
Head. Over. Heels. 
and I don't care who knows it!
For starters, you are British. And you're a boy band.
You're a British boy band.
That should sum up my devotion to you, right?
But really, your music has taken me back to my glory days.
I've completely regressed to an awkward 5th grader dancing in her room to the Backstreet Boys. If I listen to your music hard enough, I swear I can hear Nick Carter declaring his love for me. Which would be appropriate, seeing as how my poster of him took up an entire closet door. 
You see, about 30 minutes after discovering your album, I suddenly found myself dancing on my bed and singing into my hairbrush.
I might have been jamming to S Club 7, but I really wouldn't know.
Before you know it,  I'm going to be sporting crimped hair and watermelon scented roll on body glitter.
#longlivethe90s

Sincerely,
The girl who is off to find her old Backstreet Boys CDs


Dear Mom,

Thank you for introducing me to One Direction. You know me all too well. It was also finding the "hidden" Backstreet Boys CD in your car that fanned the flame of my Nick Carter lovin' fire. Thank you for always being a little more up on pop culture than I am.

Sincerely,
 Your 12 year old daughter trapped in a 23 year old's body



Dear Oldbooth app,

First of all, you kept me up much too late Wednesday night. Second, thank you so much for letting me know that had I been alive in the 20s, I would have been a full on creeper.

"Oh, hello. I'm watching you sleep."



At least James makes a good lookin' motown musician, amirite?


But not so much a good lookin' mobster.

"'eeyyyy! Get a load a this!"

Sincerely,
The girl who played Eric Foreman's sister on That 70s Show






Dear readers,

In honor of my one year wedding anniversary, I'm going to spend much of next week documenting our wedding and honeymoon.
Now hold up. 
This isn't going to be a completely lovey dovey my-wedding-day-was-perfect-nothing-went-wrong-there-were-hearts-and-unicorns-and-I-made-everything-I-ever-saw-on-Pinterest kind of wedding post. No siree bob.
It's more of a dramatic wedding saga. The kind you would see on some sort of wedding went wrong tv show. But not completely, because I did get married and stuff.

So come back next week ready for tales of lying caterers and airport strikes.


Do it. Or else. 

Sincerely,
The girl who probably scared you away from this blog forever with this bizarre post.




P.S. Happy weekend.
P.P.S I'm really not this weird! Promise!
P.P.S. Lying. Yes I am. 



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Loved the pictures! Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are great!

    I refuse to listen to One Direction. I know I'll be in love with them, I can't allow myself to do it! PLUS ...I'm still hoping for a 98 Degrees comeback tour. Or, for Nick Lachey to magically appear in my bed.

    Either, or.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only heard the one song by One Direction. It took me back to the glory days when it was a sin to have open wall space in my bedroom, and every surface was plastered with grinning boyband candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are awesome, I'm downloading the app right now.

    I'm visiting from the link up and I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D -- Thank you so much for the laughs this morning!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haaaaaa love it. I too am loving One Direction!!! Makes my tween heart happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My students got me into One Direction and The Wanted. Totally brought me back to BSB and N*Sync. I was a die hard N*Sync fan. I guess I still am...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came over form Katie's Korner. We may be moving to New Albany soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wedding twin! :-) I can't wait to see what you post!

    And those photos? Totally creepy, but I'm still here, aren't I? Guess it takes on to know one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaah your blog is such a joy! I just got an iPad and I wasn't sure what apps to download. . . Um I think I know now! Hope you have a blessed. And beautiful weekend, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy this CRACKED me UP girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog through Follow Friday, and ohmygosh you make me laugh like crazy! I can't wait to follow and get to know you better and laugh out loud in my office on a Monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.