5.25.2012

A haiku state of mind




Sometimes I just need
To write in haiku form and
count my syllables.

I have a bug bite.
The scratching! When will it end?
Too much time outside.

Schmoozed the CEO
Wanted work to close early.
I've been home since noon!

To all coworkers:
You are so very welcome
Also, you owe me.

Planned on working out.
But caught up on Bravo shows.
Now I feel smarter.

New ice cream last night.
Juniper & lemon curd.
I need some more stat.

I'm high on coffee.
And jamming to The Black Keys.
It's Friday done right.

I took off my bra.
The UPS man showed up.
This always happens.

I want to paint things.
I have the perfect vases.
Green, blue, or yellow?

"You've been on my miiiind!"
That's me singing to Adele.
Thanks, iTunes shuffle.

3 days of no work!
3 days: the new summer break.
Sometimes I miss school.

It's 90 degrees.
Is this really Ohio?
Please pass the ice cream.

I think I'll go run.
Or I'll eat too much ice cream.
Have a good weekend :)




7 comments:

  1. i love this! i was going to pick out my favorite haiku, but there are too many.

    oh, & i vote for yellow vases. you can't go wrong with yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever!
    Capturing life in a poem.
    You make me happy!

    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MISSED YOU over the last ten days, friend!

    And I love your poem. You clever woman, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather has been absolutely crazy here in Ohio. Hang in there, and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super super fun Michelle, I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! You're a poet and you didn't even know it... who needs to rhyme? ;)

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.