6.25.2012

humiliation, jorts, & the blues

The reason this post is so late in the day is because it took me this long to cool off from seething all morning. It was that or you would've been bombarded with a fifteen page essay on why my job/people/coworkers/the world/22 lb bags of ice/everything SUCKS. So count your blessings.



+



It is virtually impossible for me to not humiliate myself/put my foot in my mouth at least once a day.
Case in point:

My boss just came in from outside and tossed a cigarette butt in my trash can.

Me (forgetting momentarily that not everyone is allergic to cigarette smoke like I am): "Ew! DISGUSTING!"

*Boss lady gives me the oh no you didn't! look*

Me (desperately trying to recover): "Oh, um, I mean, I thought you found it downstairs on the floor or something and wanted to throw it out"  ?!?!?!

I am pro at making awkward situations even more awkward. This is why I'm a writer and not a public speaker.

And my desk area now smells like lung cancer.


+



Friday night was epic. Like, best Friday night I've had in forever.

I went on a date.

WITH CORY MATTHEWS.


I got a not so strange hankering for Boy Meets World, so I deferred to YouTube. Turns out, there are a ton of full episodes on there!

So basically what happened is I walked upstairs around 7pm to grab a load of laundry to take to the washer and didn't move till nearly midnight. James kept creeping closer and closer to the laptop and me until he was fully engrossed too.

Is it weird that I might have (hypothetically speaking, of course!) gotten a smidge emotional? I mean, Boy Meets World is my childhood! That's the show I used to sneak and watch upstairs when I was little, until I found out my mom loves it too. Then we watched it together for years. I even had a crush on one of my best friends in high school because he had Cory's curly hair and silly personality.

What I'm trying to say is that BOY MEETS WORLD IS MY LIFE.

And I don't understand why someone didn't just put the year 1999 on repeat.

But then again, I'd probably be wearing pink scrunchies and butterfly clips still. And baggy jorts. Yikes.



+



Saturday was spent celebrating Father's Day a week late. And celebrate we did, to the tune of Cheesecake Factory and homemade chocolate chip cookies.



+

I won't speak of Sunday, because most of that day was spent weathering the Sunday blues. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, the Sunday blues are most typically experienced Sunday afternoon/evening due to the realization that the next day is Monday. The symptoms include melancholy feelings, irritablity, and sudden weepiness. Much like PMS sans cramps. The only known cure is to take Monday off. However, you can treat the symptoms with chocolate chip cookies and bad reality tv.


Over & out.

11 comments:

  1. I hate it when people smoke! It makes me want say lung cancer (cough). Even worse when they put it in you trashcan. That must have been so awkward. It sounds likee you had a great weekend though.

    Love, love, love boy meets world! You just reminded me. Bring back boy meets world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea about BMW on YouTube! So hitting that up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I may have to have a boy meets world night of my own after reading this. I love that show, especially the later high school/college episodes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm... what are jorts? I may be showing how uncool I am, but I don't care. I need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Boy Meets World. Love it! I remember watching it on TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BMW was my life too along with Dawson's Creek!!! Never even thought of checking out YouTube for that (: I am very thankful Monday is over, it wasn't the greatest one ): only 3 more days til Friday, te countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I quote BMW constantly. We both love it and can't help it because we're children of the 90's lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love Boy Meets World! haha...sometimes I can catch it on MTV 2 I think...? And can't resist watching it. Also, I feel the same way about Sundays. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get irritated enough when people put random trash in my garbage can. I'm all about personal space and my garbage can is not yours. If someone put a cigarette butt in there I'd really be fit to be tied. I fully understand and respect the Sunday blues. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate when people use my office trash can! Especially if it was a cig butt, gross... I'm allergic too, but even if I wasn't- how hard can it be for a person to use their own trash?! Sometimes I have coworkers toss in their lunch crap-- like WHAT THE HECK?!?!

    Sunday blues are THE worst.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watch Boy Meets World every morning when I get ready for work. I know they play it from 6:00-8:00 am. ABC Family knows where it's at!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.