7.17.2012

Backstreet's Back (alright!)

YOU GUYS.

We have something extremely important to discuss.

Like, whoa.

Ok. So let me break it down for you.

First, I should mention that the only memory I have of my tween years are Backstreet Boys lyrics. And Nick Carter's face. I was in love with that man. I had a huge poster of him (from Claire's, duh) on my closet door and had our whole wedding planned. We were getting married, no two ways about that.

Spoiler alert! We didn't get married.

Anyway.

I was sitting at my desk this morning trying to ignore everyone around me when I opened twitter and saw THIS:


My very first thought was NICK CARTER WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

I spotted him, or so I thought (what happened to the blonde hair?!) and then saw this tweet retweeted by 90s Girl Problems (follow them! hilarious tweets!).


WHAT!?!?! MORE NICK CARTER?!?

After immediately following him, I creeped the heck out of his tweets. I figured since our wedding fell through, I should at least see if he's been able to pick up the pieces of his broken heart and move on.

And then I found this picture:


Ummm. Hmmmm. I mean, he's still cute. Duh. But what happened to the blonde hair? The 90s swag? The cute boyish face?!


You're MY shining star. That is what you are.


Nick Carter, you're not allowed to change. Don't you know that?  You're not supposed to grow up.


You're tellin' me! Quit playing games with my heart, Nick! QUIT IT.


Also, after googling old pictures of Nick, I had the frightening realization that he looked like a boy Britney Spears.


            


See it?!

Freaky.


I'm off to go question all my life decisions now.




All pictures other than twitter screenshots have been stolen from google images.


17 comments:

  1. I LOVED Nick too!! He kinda looks like a crack head in that one pic or like he is trying to be like his little brother. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUTTTT uppppp. I was a Brian girl.. mainly because he went to my church when lived in FL in the mid 90's, but Nick had a special place in my heart too!

    NEW ALBUM. My life has been made.

    Also I watched Boy Meets World yesterday and totes thought of you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to break your heart, but I was never a BSB fan! Sorry!

    And it looks like drugs and real life caught up with him as be aged. Right? He looks like a completely different person now (not in the best way). Right?

    Let's see if this new album makes me poop my pants now. If it doesn't, I'm comin' for you, Nick Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.My.Gosh. This is so ridiculously funny!? How did I never see it before that he is Britney Spears' twin!

    I'll tell you what happened to Nick...Age. It's a horrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cocaine...that's what happened to his face!

    Him and his brother Aaron (who may or may not be in jail?) were big into it, I think. Such a shame. And didn't one of their sisters die a year or two ago? Poor family.

    I loved AJ. Big time. Funny how he was the druggie, and now he's clean. Nick was the goody-goody, and now he looks like his face is going to cave in at any second.

    But AJ...ohhh, AJ. I've been a sucker for a guy with tattoos since I was 12, apparently.

    Either way, I'm going to get a pair of depends and put them on. I'm ready to poop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BAHHA- Okay that recent picture of Nick made me sad. He looks.... old. NOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness i was a nick carter fan too! like seriously, he owned my heart. i cant believe they are coming out with a new album! my life seems like it has purpose again!

    p.s. all the song references you made in this post made me laugh. ahhhmazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. for real? a new album? crazyness! Can't wait for youtube commenters to react to that... haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I love the backstreet boys!!! Are you telling me they have a new album?! Please confirm or I'm going to start loosing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was more of an N'Sync girl myself (though I was never SUPER into either one), but I really loved their last album. Seriously though, what happened to Nick's face?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up! I feel kind of bad though because I'm more a Justin girl. N'Sync.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was much more of an N*Sync girl, but I will always love NKOTB :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This just murdered me, only you YOU YOU could get me to read a post about the Backstreet Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's what Nick looks like now??? I'm glad I didn't marry him. The chubby cheeks were what got me, and they aren't so chubby anymore. Also: I was heartbroken the day it came out that Lance Bass liked boys too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mom always freaked out when she saw any of the Beatles or Beach Boys and they looked old. She would say, "Well, I guess I'm old, too." But the Backstreet Boys aren't supposed to age, then they'd be the Backstreet Men, and that doesn't have the same ring to it.

    I was an N*Sync girl, also devastated when Lance Bass was no longer an option for me, but the Backstreet Boys held a special place in my heart. I may be alone in saying Howie D was my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha. He DOES look a lot like a boy Brittany!
    Oh geez. My entire childhood revolved around these boys...now men. -Sigh-

    It was love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 90's? I still listen to them!! I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love it if you would return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)

    ReplyDelete

talk to me.