7.16.2012

that kind of weekend

This weekend was the best kind.

The kind you yearn for after several long weeks and jam packed weekends.

When I can let the 11:00 sun wake me up on a Saturday morning and not feel guilty about sleeping half the day away. When I can pull the yellow sheets a little tighter and smile at my kitty sprawled out between us.

The kind where I eat a homemade breakfast on the couch and finally finish the book I've been devouring all week. The kind of book that stays in my thoughts long after I've turned the last page.

When I finally get my hair trimmed after two months of dead ends.

When I find obscure piano music online. For free. The song I've been wanting to learn for months.

The kind where I say seriously, enough is enough. And I pull out my dusty keyboard and play to my heart's content.

When I let that part of me deep inside come back to life. The part that's only alive when I'm sitting behind a piano.

The kind when the rain and thunderstorms finally arrive, and Sunday afternoon is spent bonding with Netflix, the piano, and a delicious cup of coffee.

When I finally give in to my husband's request and whip up some baked mac n cheese for dinner. Topped off with a homemade berry cobbler for dessert.

These are the good weekends. The ones we'll look back on someday when our arms are full of kids and laundry and mortgage payments. Those were the good 'ol days. When life was slow and easy.



12 comments:

  1. Definitely enjoy those days while you can
    My days are never slow or easy anymore but they fill my heart with a different kind of joy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever want to have that kind of weekend again, where you make homemade mac and cheese, feel free to have it at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that just sounds delightful. love those kinds of weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kind of weekends rock, and they still happen with kids too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing weekend! I play piano too, and you're right...the feeling I get when I'm playing is unlike any other feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be honest, though. It would have been better if we Skyped. ;-)

    This sounds like a lovely weekend! I'm so jealous! We'll have to get together so you can play piano for me while I sing. Ha!

    Love you, Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a great writer. Sounds like you had a great weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the best weekends. Ours was similar and it was magical.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.