8.10.2012

a day off

I should be setting up for the company picnic right now.

Instead, I'm sitting in bed with a tangle of yellow sheets and blue blankets around my legs and a large  mug of coffee to my immediate left. 

Oh yes, I took the day off. Not counting any holidays, I've had one day off since the beginning of December and seriously? One more second sitting at my desk and I would've exploded. It's just been that kind of year week. Plus, it's been a stormy morning and I hear it's illegal to get out of bed on days like this. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's a law and I am not a rule breaker.

(yeah right)


1. James surprised me with some gorgeous sunflowers Sunday morning. I'm smitten. I need all of them everywhere.



2. I had another successful crockpot adventure! Chicken Tortilla Soup. Recipe here. I ate it and pretended there was snow outside.

Don't hate me, lovers of summer. I'm happiest when there's a fire in the fireplace.



3. Remember here when I said I found an ice cream that made Ben & Jerry's look like a celery stick? Well, this is it.  It's another local Ohio ice cream company (sorry non Ohioans) and it's INSANE. Usually I defer to Jeni's, but this particular flavor has ginormous hunks of chocolate. There's no competing with ginormous hunks of chocolate. And don't get me started on the creaminess.



4. We've had some awesome storms and stormy skies this week. There's not much better than a summer  thunderstorm, unless there's a tornado of course. Then my life is over.



5. Oh, and did I mention James took the day off too? Because he did. And just walked upstairs with an armful of Boy Meets World DVDs.



It's gonna be a good day.


linking up here.

19 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your day at home! Enjoy your time away from that God forsaken office. Bring on the BMW marathon... at home... in bed... with your husband.

    BLISS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing yesterday. Literally didn't do a thing all day and it was AMAZING. Also, I lived in Ohio for about a year and I can vouch- Graeters is the BOMB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like the perfect day off! boy meets world for life! i'm going to have bookmark that soup, it looks delish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Convince my boss to let me stay home too.. I desperately need it, though, I take a lot of "mental health days" LOVE YOU AND ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "then my life is over."
    LOL you are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was home. I'm want to try that Ice cream!! I guess I'm going to have to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT?! You JUST discovered Graeters?!!!!?! Sorry, I literally gasped out loud. It's the ONLY way to do ice cream. LOL, Mint chocolate chip isssss my fave.

    Glad you have a day off- you DESERVE IT! I'm taking a much needed day off Monday and I'm tooootally looking forward to it =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're enjoying your day off! :) My lunch wasn't too bad. Well, the food was...

    However, that recipe looks amazing and is something I'm seriously going to try. Not just say I'm going to!

    Happy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh laws I should have taken the day off.

    here's to you and your job not being a FOREVER job.

    you got this.

    and the weekend? we totally got it together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so glad you are getting a day (with the man... and Boy Meets World) to relax and just be away from the office. :) You needed it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big yay for days off! Sometimes we all need to play hookey every once in awhile. Enjoy your day off, maybe you could have some of that icecream in bed while watching Boy Meets World. Pure bliss I tell ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your husband knows you so well. What a rockstar! Hope you had a blast swooning over Corey and Topanga

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sunflowers are gorgeous and one of my favorite flowers. I have just added that tortilla soup to my list of new recipes to try. It looks sooooo good! I have chosen you for the Liebster blog award at http://faithhopeabound.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loveee the sunflowers!

    Have a great weekend! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fabulous day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE Graeter's! Best ice cream ever. I hope you both enjoyed your day off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those flowers are the most cheerful ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohmygosh those sunflowers he got you, i love that! i can't remember the last time my husband brought me flowers, but he does other sweet things. that icecream looks insanely good, i wonder if i have it at my grocer?!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.