8.03.2012

bullet points

I've written and deleted about 7 posts in the last 48 hours. I just can't be counted on right now to write anything meaningful, so bullet point blog posts are gonna have to work for now.



+ Since I used to work for Verizon and know a thing or two about cell phones, my boss put me in control of the company cell phones. Anyway, I spent a chunk of my morning teaching an older man how to set ringtones. So much easier than explaining to an elderly man over the phone how to activate and set up his wireless internet device.

And explaining to a man in his eighties how to download an app on his iPhone. That was an hour and a half of my life I will never get back.



+  My lady hormones have been outta control this week. I know this is probably taboo blog post material, but I don't care. We're all ladies here. We all deal with this. And I spent my lunch break the other day sobbing in my car the other day for no reason. I was just one injured puppy away from an ASPCA commerical.

Yesterday I was determined to feel better, so I drove to the nearest target and spent thirty minutes avoiding the soon to-be-college students digging through dorm things, and I wandered around with a tank top, red cup, and half gallon of milk in my arms.

I mean, what do you do on your lunch breaks?

Also, I want to go back to college just so I can buy everything again. I swear the dorm stuff is way cuter than it was 5 years ago.




+  Can we just take a moment to discuss this? There are several people in this office who straight up refuse to type anything, so they handwrite things and give them to me to type. That would be fine if I could actually read what people write.



There are supposedly words hidden in these scribbles.

Welcome to my job.



+  If I didn't have plane tickets to California, I would crawl under my desk and die. It's the only thing that keeps me going right now. Every day at work I sit and pack my suitcase in my head. And then I get frustrated because I hate my clothes. Then I tell James we're going shopping this weekend and there's nothing you can do about it! Who needs groceries anyway?



+ I've had these overwhelming yearnings lately.

And I'm not sure what to do with them.

I want to cook. And bake. Everything I eat. From scratch.

I want to sew everything. Right now. With my sewing machine and the skills I don't have.

(This weekend. It's happening. I'll watch the darn instructional dvd if I have to!)

I'm going to be Mrs. Cleaver before you know it!



+I refuse to talk about the Olympics. Refuse. I am so mad. The only events I want to watch are only on practically in the middle of the night and I have a full time job! Plus I DVR it but then I have to fast forward through 4 hours of coverage which basically takes four hours and I have things to do! The whole world just needs to shut down for several weeks so we can all watch the Olympics.

Last summer Olympics I was in California and got to watch all of Michael Phelp's races from the comfort of my grandma's plus white couch. Why that isn't the case this time, I do not understand. First world problems and all.


I'm about all out of words now. Happy Friday!

10 comments:

  1. "if i didn't have plane tickets... i would crawl under my desk and die." i feel you on that. except i'm going from california to texas. i have literally been mentally packing my suitcase since i booked my ticket. and i may or may not have been buying new clothes to take with me since like a month before i bought my ticket since i knew i would want different clothes to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was just one injured puppy away from an ASPCA commercial." I. DIE.

    I have not watched ONE second of the Olympics. Not one. And I don't plan on it.

    I'm coming over if you're making everything from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Watching, but not really watching, the Olympics right now... You're not missing much right at this very moment, if that makes you feel AT ALL better. ;))

    And omg. I would pluck my eyes if I had to try to decipher what those scribbles said. Yuck. Thanks for another glimpse into your daily life. It gives me a new perspective on scraping poop off of a toddlers butt 4 times a day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. target = the best place to de-stress. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHY would an 80 year old need an iPhone? Ridiculous. Or maybe I'm just jealous I can't afford one.
    I've had the same Mrs. Cleaver feelings for awhile now. I made my daughter's Easter dress and haven't been able to get my sewing machine out since because she's too mobile now. I am putting a (VERY) small dent in my Pinterest recipe boards though!
    We don't have cable so we've been using my MIL's log in to watch them online. It's nice to watch them online (even if it's only replays) because I get to pick and choose what sports to watch.

    I hope your hormones let you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone in my life is having a hard time this week.

    What is with that?

    What?

    Girl. I got your back.

    But you are on your own with the scribbles. holy hello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Found you through the hollie link up!
    The best way to unwind the lady hormones is with a glass (or two) of wine, my mom taught me that.
    Following you ;)
    xx
    justyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your sewing machine! I fancy myself a seamstress, thought I'm far from it, and it's very satisfying when you create something! Also, cooking from scratch is great. I do a lot more of it now, and it's nice to know everything in my body isn't from a chinese take-out place or full of preservatives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the flip is happening over there?! Hahaha! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh, at the job where i work part time, i know all about those scribbles you have to decipher. favorite part of the job, ya know. ;) :P

    i know what you mean!! monday i felt like a movie and knitting or crocheting something [a skill i haven't practiced in months, or even a year].....my sister persuaded me to go to bible study instead.

    and now the desire is gone.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.