8.13.2012

how to make monday a smidge less sucky






If you're anything like me whatsoever, you've been in a bad mood all day.

Why a bad mood, you ask?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe something about the fact that I spent all weekend relaxing and watching Boy Meets World and snuggling with my kitty and making homemade blueberry muffins saturday morning and the most fattening yet delicious mac & cheese ev-ah last night and omg I want some more and it's Monday and I had to wake up at 6 and my coworkers gave me a ton of work to get done that should have been given to me a week ago and everything is stupid and I lost my gym card and I just want to go back to bed and my tummy hurts.

Something like that, I guess.

But I wouldn't know for sure.

So anyway, when life's got you down and you've got the blues, do these things:

1. Scarf down your lunch as fast as you can.

2. Blare some Scottish Rock from the 80s, such as this. Because seriously, who doesn't love a good accent and electric guitars that sound like bagpipes?

I'm not even going to discuss how many times my dad and I have danced around the living room to this song.

Anyway.

3. Hightail it down the highway and to the nearest Barnes & Noble.


4. Dig through the humor section until you find this book:

When Parents Text: So Much Said...So Little Understood



5. Find a secluded corner and die. laughing.

I drew so much attention to myself and I don't even care.


I promise your Monday will now start to look much better.



Plus! We're almost to Tuesday. Which is a day closer to Friday.

11 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I AM DYING.
    girl, this monday sucks. sucks doesn't even describe it.. I just... ugh. But, seriously. that e-card.... describes me to a T! hahaha I am still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew about this on my lunch break! Or when I was in B&N yesterday.

    My day is looking up - and by that, I mean - it's almost time to go home.

    Now, tomorrow. That Tuesday. I'll be thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have you know my stomach hated me all morning.

    clearly we have bonded, lets spare the details shall we.

    now i'm thinking about mac n' cheese.

    but then I reminded of my stomach so i'm changing my thoughts to... I wish you lived by me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya!!! I need to get that book for my classroom and just starting reading when I would rather throw an 8th grader through the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, next time I am at B&N I am definitely finding that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Parents Text is a website, too! I might be late for work because I'm laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michelle! I awarded you the Liebster Award over here: http://thoughtsfromthebirdhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-anyone.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so love to read that book! I feel like that alone could make any day better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww hahahaha i do like your list though LOL. And that book, what!? SO TRUUUUUUUUUE love it!!! ahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late in reading this post, but I want to buddy up in the corner of a B&N with you so we can giggle to ourselves (and the rest of the store) together while devouring that book.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.