9.20.2012

how to experience fall: a recipe of sorts



So you want to know how to truly experience fall, huh?

Just follow these simple steps, and you'll be crunching leaves under your feet, picking apples, carving pumpkins, and pulling your scarf a little tighter in no time!

Start by lighting some festive fall candles. I lit pumpkin spice & spiced cider. Basically, if it has the word "spice" in the name, you're golden. Turn on some music (The Black Keys, if you have any taste in music whatsoever) and have a massive, full fledged dance party in your kitchen. By yourself. Dance so hard you can see the dirty looks all over your cat's face. Drink a pumpkin flavored beverage (Dunkin Donuts has killer pumpkin iced coffee, for the record) in between carefully choreographed dance moves.

Make the following recipe. It's basically a jazzed up tater tot casserole. There's nothing necessarily "fall" about it, but I made it about once a week last fall, so I immediately envision red and orange leaves the moment I take a bite. But really, this stuff is good. So good, the man in your life will love it. I know this, because the man in my life loves it.

Original recipe is here

ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 30 oz bag of tater tots
1/2 can of corn
4 tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup of milk
2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

1. Brown beef in a skillet and mix in onion & garlic. Drain the fat and other grossness.

2. Mix the soup, corn, sour cream, milk, and half the cheese in a large bowl. Add in the beef mixture and mix it all up.

3. Cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with tator tots. But the mixture on top. Top with remaining tator tots & cheese.

4. Throw in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

5. Eat & be merry.


Change the recipe all you want, but whatever you do, don't forget to dance.


8 comments:

  1. Hey Napoleon, give me some of your tots!

    Um, yum. I'm really into casseroles these days. Or maybe just starting today. Either way, this looks great, easy, and would produce leftovers. 3 things that are very important to me.

    Confession: I don't like pumpkin flavored coffee. Who am I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note self: DANCE.

    Thank you. :)

    I'm so excited it's cooling down! I looked at Mr. TBS in the car this morning and said, "My fingers are cold!" with a big smile on my face! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is seriously nothing better than yummy smelling candles, and fall has ALL the best ones! I stocked up at Bath and body works a couple weeks ago! We are obsessed :)

    Saving that recipe too... I could seriously pound some tator tots right about now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Adding this to the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love fall!!! this recipe sounds amazing. Thanks for linking up with us for Creating Community

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fall!

    That tater-tot casserole sounds very tasty. I think I'm gonna have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dancing is a must--and the Black Keys? Yes, please. If I am more mellow, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is my fave.Cheers to fall, dancing and of course, tater-tots in any form.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the most exciting recipe ever.

    I simply adore you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.