12.31.2012

2012. what a year!

2012. We had some good times, we had some bad times. You were my first full year as a big girl. My first full year out of school, married, blogging, and in a full time job. You were the year I started to get settled into adulthood. 

Despite work woes, tiny apartment woes, and too many family deaths, I still think you were a pretty awesome year.

You were also the year I met my soul mate. The love of my life. 

My reason to wake up in the morning.

Oh...James, you ask? No, not him. I've known him much longer. 

Something else.....something like....

Downton Abbey.



James worked until 10 for the first few months of the year, so Noel and I snuggled up each night after work and became engrossed. I think Noel has a crush on Matthew Crawley.

(I just googled his name to make sure I spelled it right, and the first thing I saw was a spoiler for season 3, and I don't think I'll ever recover from it. It's not good. Oh Lord, have mercy.)

****

2012 was also the year I saw one of the best things my eyes have ever beheld: Amish dudes playing video games in Cabelas's.

They knew they weren't supposed to be doing it. They knew it was wrong. They waited until their parents were out of sight, then they fished coins out of their pockets while constantly looking around to make sure their family members weren't around.


 ****
2012 is also the year I wore red lipstick in public. Once.


****
2012 is the year I rang in my 23rd birthday with my mom and my best friend. It was probably one of the best birthdays I've ever had. Let's do it again next year? Mom? Laura?

Ignore the bangs. They do what they want.
****
2012 is the year I met my most favorite blogger/writer/person.The Pioneer Woman! We had a riveting conversation about static cling, and then I asked if I could hug her. Not starstruck at all.



Oh, and Marlboro Man. I fought off teenage girls for this picture.


****

2012 was the year of WAY TOO MANY TORNADOES.



****

2012 was the year of the infamous Ikea nightmare. Yet I'm planning to go back again soon? I never learn my lesson.


****

2012 was the year of our first wedding anniversary! And we celebrated in Cleveland by seeing Jim Gaffigan. And it was the best show I've ever been to.


****
2012 was the year I was stranded in Barnes and Noble with no power during this bad boy, the derecho. Aka the scariest storm ever. SCARIEST STORM EVER.



****
2012 introduced me to my Tuesday curse. Something I'm still trying to shake off, though I think it's getting better. Fingers crossed.


****

2012 was the year we celebrated my mom's birthday in Put-In-Bay. It was also the time I learned a very valuable lesson about certain kinds of fabrics and epic sweat stains.


****

2012 was the year I learned how fun it is to drive around the city on my lunch break.


****

2012 was the year this amazing picture happened. Meet my mom's cat, Joe.


****

2012 was the best year for the simple reason that my SWEET BABY COUSINS came to California and surprised us. I adore them. They're the little brother and sister I don't have.

I look so short here. My cousin Nick is just a giant.
.....and while on the best trip ever, we got to see the spot where my parents were engaged.


And now I'm officially homesick for California. Anyone want to go with me next year?

****
2012 was the year of the prettiest fall I've ever seen.



****

2012 was the year my dreams came true, and I saw White Christmas on stage. Thanks, Mom & Dad :)


****

2012 was the year I attended a virtual Christmas party. With blog friends all over the country. It was an experience, to say the least.


Hi, Alissa! I told you I can take stealthy pictures.

So yeah. I say this was a pretty good year. And tonight I will ring in 2013 on my parent's couch in my flannel pajamas with a mouth full of cheese ball and Martinelli's.

Try not to be too envious. It's more fun than you think.

8 comments:

  1. MICHELLE!!!! That last picutre...you're so sly, I can't handle it.

    "2012 is also the year I wore red lipstick in public. Once." Hahaha, this cracked me up.

    I personally think you're plans for NYE sound amazing! Nothing beats a party in your pajamas.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your review post. It's funny how The first few posts I vaguely remember, because we were just getting to know each other, and then the rest were like I read them yesterday. :) My NYE plans are much the same, and they always have been. ALWAYS. :) Twins. Happy New Year to the Bellamys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. derecho. ohhhh how I remember thee ;/
    I am so glad to be your friend! Looks like a great year! You have inspired me. Maybe, just MAYBE I will recap my year. for like, the memories or something. haha
    LOVE YOU!! HAPPY NEW YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic in red lipstick!

    I cannot believe you met The Pioneer Woman! She is so dang pretty.

    And Joe. What a meow face.

    Come to San Diego. With Alissa. You have somewhere to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best recap ever. I wasn't bored once. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of your mom's cat is so funny. I wish my dumb cats would be cool like that. And I am super jealous you got to meet Pioneer Woman. Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is getting me through the final bits of today's half day. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Busy year. It sounds like fun though. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.