12.24.2012

joy to the world

It's Monday morning and I'm sitting at my desk at work like it's any old day. Except today I'm decked out in my ugly Christmas sweater t shirt. And by 8:19 there had already been a lively gun control debate right next to my desk, which I interrupted to let them know I am, in fact, a proud gun owner (surprise?)(that's what happens when you voice your political opinions in my personal space), which shut them right up. So yeah, this ain't no ordinary Christmas Eve.

And in three hours and thirteen minutes (not like I'm counting or anything!) I will be OUT of here and on my way home to load the car with presents and dozens of baked goods. And then it's off to my parents' house for Christmas where I will stuff my face with sugar and go to bed at a respectable hour so Santa can come, since I've been good this year.

Merry Christmas, friends! I love each and every one of you :)

Christmas card 2012

And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,  "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!"  Luke 2:9-14 ESV


Glory to God, indeed.

9 comments:

  1. You are definitely doing it right- work on Christmas Eve requires festive shirts. And gun control arguments, obviously.

    Hope your next two days are awesome! Merry Christmas Eve! Your little greeting card is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your work day passes quickly for you. Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I love the card, and your response to the gun control debate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, you proud gun owner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm at work tooo ma'am, but I'm def jealous you get out early! Full day for this gal! But I'm wearing a festive outfit too, so that helps ;)

    Love your card! Super cute & your shirt is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, my beautiful friend! Your Christmas card is lovingly displayed amongst our family Christmas cards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    PS: Your card is hanging on my fridge - so it's kinda like we're hanging out when I'm in the kitchen cooking, right??

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.