1.11.2013

a walk down facebook lane: the evils of tagged pictures

Alternate title: I have no shame

Don't worry, this isn't one of those life lesson posts on not posting drinking pictures on facebook and stuff like that or you won't get a job and you'll be homeless and never succeed at anything. No. I'm talking about something worse. Much worse. I'm talking about the times your friends tag horrible pictures of you looking horrible.



Like I said a few days ago, I spent the other night trolling facebook pictures. There was a particular picture I was looking for that I had been tagged in several years ago, and on my search I came across some things I hadn't been prepared for. Some pictures I had conveniently forgotten.

Most people would do everything in their power to keep these pictures from being seen, but Angi made a good point in her hilarious post today. The whole facebook world has seen these, so I might as well show them to you, too. What fun is life if you can't make fun of yourself?

On my wedding day, looking especially thrilled.




Life lesson: don't play with your friend's camera. She will put them on facebook and tag you.
 
The fake scream!

I don't even know what's going on here. All I know is that I was wearing a leopard print snuggie and it wasn't mine.


 This was taken in Mexico 3 1/2 years ago. Once again, no idea.
JORTS

And this one. This one is awful. It wasn't on Facebook, but my wedding photographer had it in the first draft of our wedding album and I nearly hurled my computer across the room when I saw it. My mouth. It's so embarrassing.

CHIPMUNK
**UPDATE*** 
 It seems some of you don't see the problem with the wedding picture. MY MOUTH. DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT IT'S DOING?!? Maybe it's just me. I don't know. But my mom and my best friend did laugh hysterically at it too. Nevermind. 

To me, it looks a lot like this: 




And there you have it.

21 comments:

  1. YESSSS. I love these photos! And don't hate on the leopard snuggie - I have one. Okay, in my defense, I didn't buy it.

    Thankfully, no one that I hang out with posts pictures on Facebook anymore. But there are some pretty terrible ones of me floating around on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up...
    1. That wedding picture is sweet.
    2. Leoparddddd snuggggieee for the win!!!

    I weight like 400 lbs i all my college fb pics... ugh SO EMBARRASSING

    happy friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CANDID PHOTOS ARE LEGIT MY NIGHTMARE. However, none of these are really even THAT bad. I want to hate you, but I can't because I love you too much. And I agree with Alissa, DON'T HATE ON THE SNUGGIE. I have one that I asked for on my birthday a few years ago, no shame in that. And that wedding one, it's precious! How could you hate it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA the wedding photo!! Never fails to disappoint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the balloon is the only one smiling in the 3rd picture, classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts. I think I must do one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wedding photographer caught me mid sneeze... yes, it looks as horrible as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure you just killed me. OMG the face. And the Andy face. Its like you are twins! Yet, still such a pretty bride!

    I'm so glad you have no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I have some embarrassing pictures on Facebook. I like that last picture...I don't think it looks bad at all! I have a wedding picture that I think I look really weird in because I was laughing hard and my head was thrown back and my mouth was open really wide. I hate it, but everyone else says its their favorite. Sometimes I think our own pictures just look different to us, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU are beautiful...but I agree...your mouth...let's just say my eyes are watering because I've ducked down behind my computer and I'm trying desperately to keep from laughing out loud so my boss doesn't ask what's so funny. But seriously...tears. Running down my face. And that Andy picture....I can't look at it...dying.

    I have a few pictures from my wedding day like that too - looking bored out of my mind and like I'm just wanting to get it over with (which I was, but I wasn't trying to LOOK like that...haha!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luckily, I was generally the one behind the camera throughout the years.
    When I see old pictures of myself, I know exactly why (aside from my love for photography. . . of course. . . .).
    Pictures can be so mean.
    You definitely have two different levels of "thrilled" on your wedding day. The last one IS cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha Ohhh I have some goodies too! I should share them probably.. oh man, but to choose them. I mean, there are literally HUNDREDS of embarrassing/unflattering photos of me. Like, ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN MY FRIENDS. hahha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still think the wedding picture is cute. Your boobs look good in it too. Not to be weird or anything haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since we're friends, I will tell you with a heart full of love that your wedding photographer did a terrible thing when she deemed that photo album-worthy. That is just meanness on her part. She's probably the Regina George of the NC wedding photographer scene.

    I will probably pout and be pissed on my wedding day too. So I will take a twinsie picture so that you can laugh and feel less alone. Because I clearly have no shame either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is probably why I'm pretty much always smiling in pictures, no matter the situation. Somehow it got ingrained into me early on that you should always look at the camera and smile....so whenever there's a camera around, that's what I do. Which means that there are lots of pictures of my smiling in circumstances where no one else in the picture is smiling or looking at the camera. :P
    And yeah, that wedding picture is definitely not the greatest...and then it made me go searching for your wedding story, and upon reading that it sounds like the whole wedding day was quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really don't think the wedding picture is that bad, even with the mouth thing. You for sure don't look like Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok. At first glance I thought the wedding picture was adorable. Then I read your update, looked at the Andy picture and just about busted a gut laughing. I still think it's cute, but the mouth thing cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see it in your wedding photo. It could be nice, but there's something off lol. I have a few photos on FB that I want to burn...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey new reader here.
    I agree-& after this happened with me (seems happens to all of us)
    I just changed my settings & noone can tag me w/o my consent. Sounds unfriendly, but you gotta do what you gotta do LOL;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You DO NOT look like a chipmunk! You look like you're about to cry because you're marrying the man of your dreams! BUT, if we look back at that first picture, were you REALLY marrying the man of your dreams?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.