1.22.2013

this is the best day of my entire life

You guys know how I feel about my job. Need a reminder? Here you go. Here's another.

This place has not been easy. It got me out of my horrible call center job, but it hasn't been much of a step up. It's tested my patience on every level and my attitude. I've been struggling for the last 14 months to be grateful that I even have a job. I've spent months and months scouring the job boards and hoping one person...just one person...would call me for an interview.

And guess what? One person did. I got one phone call in my 6 months of job hunting.

But that's ok, because all it took was one phone call.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen.........I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   




I know. I KNOW. I still can't believe it. I've been in celebration mode since 4:27 Thursday afternoon when I got the call. Just one day after the most nerve wracking panel interview EVER.

It was one of those things that was just meant to be from the start. The job description hooked me in, and the phone interview was awesome. The face to face interview was conveniently timed so I could go on my lunch  break, and it was just one mile away from my current job. The job is going to be a major adjustment in terms of the workload, but I'll actually get to use MY ENGLISH DEGREE. And I'm beyond excited for that. I'm going to be a Legal Assistant (basically a paralegal but without the certification) at a law firm. The best part is that this firm requires everyone to have a Bachelor's degree, therefore I will hopefully not be working with completely incompetent people anymore. And it's a professional environment. I can't even imagine what it's like to work with people who don't wear pajamas to work and know how to send an email. It's going to be life-altering. Of that I am sure.

I put my two weeks notice in this morning, and it could not have gone better. You guys, I have been waiting for this day since my first day of work. I knew this place was a horrible fit within my first 15 minutes, and I've managed to stick it out for 14 months. I know you will all miss PFF stories, but I still have two weeks left. That's plenty of time for some more stories. And frankly? I need a break from the crazy work stories.

God's hand has been so evident in this whole thing. I had to make an extremely difficult decision several months ago to not pursue grad school (a long story, but I'm ok with it), so I ramped up my job search even though I was bummed about not starting school. Over the weekend I noticed my first day at my new job is the day I was supposed to start grad school. My God is a God who redeems. That's for sure.

I know the new job won't be perfect, and I'm sure there will be annoying people too, but this time I'm not settling for something just to escape another bad job. I'm genuinely excited about this job, and I KNOW the whole thing is right. And if you're still trying to get a new job, don't give up. All it takes is one phone call.

In other news, I chopped my bangs off again. New job new hair, right?


And no, I did not copy Michelle Obama. Michelle Obama copied me.

38 comments:

  1. oh girl that's SO EXCITING!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy it so much!

    since I moved out of the job I've hated, and into one I love that's challenging and uses my skill sets, it has completely changed my life.

    And I hope this does the same for you!!!


    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS THE BEST POST YOU HAVE EVER WRITTEN. And I know I say that about all of your posts, but I MEAN IT THIS TIME.

    I am so HAPPY and OVERJOYED for you!! I think I might be even be a little more excited than you are! You deserve this and you are going to do SO well in your new job....that is the same job as MY new job. We are in this TOGETHER! :) :)

    And the bangs?? GIRL. My favorite. I didn't think you could be any sassier!!! Enjoy your last two weeks in Crazytown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Michelle! That's great news, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoooooray! How exciting. Although pjs at work is about the best thing ever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you both copied me because I chopped my bangs recently too! (which was a mistake, as it always is, but it is a mistake that I have to make at least once every couple years. .. )

    I'm going to admit that I'm a little offended by your statement about working with people with Bachelor's degrees. I don't think a degree necessarily makes you any smarter. I mean, take these two examples. When I was complaining about my job on that one blog post I did - the girl who constantly says "he'll be here ON tomorrow" and "Physical Year" has her Bachelors - as a paralegal. Lol. And my boss' boss who has three degrees (including a law degree) can't work the copier. .. So. . I'm just sayin! Lol.

    THAT aside, CONGRATS!! I hope you LOVE your new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! First Alissa, now you. I am green with envy. Is it my turn now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I've been waiting for this post! I'm so excited for you, so excited...

    I really will miss the PFF stories, but I'll always be able to go back to your old blog posts and reflect on what a crazy B she is.

    And I love the bangs. I might copy you. And Kelsey. And Michelle Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to mention how perfect that GIF is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! A new start is always so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!
    I will openly admit that I am slightly upset I don't get to read about PFF or the other shenanigans that go on at your office, but I will glad trade that for your happiness!

    WHOOP WHOOP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, yes, yes! This is so exciting :) I'm soooo freakin' stoked for you! Go do something amazing with people who know how to dress for work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh so exciting!!! CONGRATS!! and your bangs look awesome.

    p.s. totally best gif ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! New job, new hair. Love it! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! That must be so exciting! The best part will definitely be hopefully not working with incompetent people any more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. yaaaayyyy!!!!!!! :) this is the best news EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AAAAH THIS IS SO EXCITING!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well deserved. Well deserved... x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! Although I WILL miss the stories, I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I can only imagine the elation filling your life right now. Good job on sticking it out at the current job, and awesome job nailing the interview process for the new job. It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HOORAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! 2 more weeks and you're OUTTA THERE. And you're gonna KILL your new job. And the bangs are hott. With two t's.

    ReplyDelete
  21. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So, so, so happy for you!!! Can't wait to hear how your life changes as a result of this new opportunity. Also, you are giving me hope that my R-day is right around the corner too. And don't you remember how you were just saying there is nothing to look forward to after Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  22. NO WAY! I'm SO SO happy for you Michelle! I can't believe this day is finally here for you! I will miss the crazy work stories, but it's worth i for you to have a new job that you like. More proof that God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What wonderful news! Congratulations Michelle! While I will miss hearing your wacky work stories it will be so wonderful for you to be in a work environment that you actually enjoy being in. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats friend! Seriously SOOO excited for you!! and of course you are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY- so excting!!! Congrats! Also, I love the "new" bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. :D Your news today made me jump around (in my head) like the Sienfeld clip!!!!!! EEEEEEKK!!!

    so excited we can BOTH get out of our jobs into new jobs!! also- new bangs! I AM LOVING THEM. new hair, new bangs for REAL.
    LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU and am so so exited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations!! It sounds like this job will be a much better fit for you, and it's awesome that you get to use your degree! I'm so happy for you :-) I'm not gonna lie, I will miss the PFF stories. Ha! Just kidding, I'm just excited for you! Praying that this job will be a total blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. YAYYY!!!!!!!!! I will miss PFF, but I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. YAY!!!! SO happy for you!! Our God IS indeed a God who redeems! Can't wait to hear stories of how awesome this new job is for you. :) Congrats, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am sad for me because you won't have stories, but happy for you. :) Congrats!! I hope, however, that you have one crazy coworker to keep us entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know I'm late in reading this, but CONGRATS!! That's so exciting and I'm glad you get to move in a new direction that you know will be better for you. God rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. 1. cute bangs
    2. yay for the job, once again! it's amazing, the things He works out. we go through funky awesome (<--sarcasm right there) learning seasons first sometimes, though. heh. makes us more thankful in the end.
    3. i started a new job, too. :) :) nannying a 3 month old bebe boy a couple days a week, great pay, and housework to do while he's sleeping. awesome Jesus-loving, hilarious couple. good food at hand. lol. i couldn't have found a better job had i searched. this broke through spur of the moment and randomly. what He has is sometimes unexpected in timing, but always for our good, i believe....though sometimes (and in some areas of life right now, i'm living) the belief in His goodwill towards us is hard to keep steady when we can't see WHY.

    looking forward to your posts in the future about the new job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. is that what you went to school for?

    CONGRATULATIONS MICHELLE!!!! i could not be happier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your post made my day. Love that you got a job and the Seinfeld clip. Found this link through Kimberly Montgomery's blog. Your about my daughter's age, and I'm glad life is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.