2.20.2013

a case of the tuesdays



I learned a very important lesson yesterday: you can leave your bad job, but you can't leave the Tuesday Curse. It will follow you whithersoever thou goest. 

Nothing horrible happened; Tuesday was just poking and prodding all day to make sure I hadn't forgotten about it, like a cat with an empty food bowl.

Speaking of cats, I had a mouth full of breakfast yesterday when I heard the sounds no cat owner wants to hear. I walked out of the room to find a trail of cat puke leading all the way up the stairs. all. the way. up. the stairs. That's how my day started. It ended with me crying in the kitchen (aunt flo's here, ok?) because all two of the treadmills at the apartment complex's gym were taken, leaving me without a workout after the major effort it took to get myself there. I cried harder when I realized I had planned to make fajitas for dinner, but I hadn't thought to buy salsa or guacamole, and lesbehonest, the guac is the sole reason for making fajitas. It was only Tuesday, yet it was dinner fail number two of the week.

That's when I decided to quit while I was ahead. I handed James the credit card along with my ok to order pizza. I figure what My Fitness Pal doesn't know won't hurt it, right? Then James peered into the depths of my soul, and without either of us saying a word, he unplugged the living room TV, dragged it upstairs, and hooked it up in our bedroom and turned on the Catfish finale. 

I had no idea such luxuries in the world could exist. Greasy pizza while snuggled in my Martha Stewart flannel sheets and Nev Schulman on the television screen. I nominate the entire moment as the 8th wonder of the world. It put me in a much better mindset to walk downstairs and discover that our garbage disposal had broken and everything smelled like rotten food.

But Tuesday is gone, and I like to think that Wednesdays are for starting over, since Tuesday is really just Monday part 2.

But seriously, if my treadmill is taken again today, I'm gonna bust a cap all up in that place.

16 comments:

  1. Well, even though it started out poorly-- pizza, bed, Nev, and Max? COME ON. Jackpot, girl!!! Hope Wednesday starts out a little brighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS!! You can get through it :) Bad days are part of living, but you are so strong and wonderful, I know you can get through it! And its okay to take a break from exercising sometimes. And hey, pizza has veggies on it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Kelsey - pizza, bed and those sexayyyy Catfish boys? That can make anything better, I think. Thanks for reminding me to watch the finale. What are we going to do without them???

    Here's to a better Wednesday!

    PS: Tino puked on the floor this morning. I thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh - that day sounds like the worst! I'm so sorry! Hopefully today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ever since the tv made it to our bedroom, we only hang out in the living room if we have company. we found heaven and we're not giving it up anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza and TV in bed sounds wooooonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love pizza. So much.

    I hope Wednesday is cat barf-free and full of treadmills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a case of the 2013's. Sigh.

    What is Catfish?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A TRAIL of cat puke?! From both you AND Alissa?! I just can't.
    We're there hair balls scattered around on all of it too?

    Here's to humping Wednesday instead of puking Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry your day was lame. I'm glad you had a good ending to a crappy day, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You:Tuesdays::Kristen:Thursdays

    Those damn T days are nothing but trouble. This is why large quantities of wine are called for. Thank God for Catfish and greasy pizza.

    Also, I could fix your garbage disposal. I have skillz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guacamole pretty much is the only reason to make fajitas. For sure. Tuesdays sure aren't the best day for you....oh well, there will be better days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my cat barfs at least once a week, when i took her to the vet for her yearly i mentioned this to the vet.. her response? 'well, cats barf' yup. hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I just try to find a vehicle to transport the guac into my mouth. On more than one occasion, it has been a spoon. Or my finger. Don't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing like reading this post a day late and then getting depressed at the end because all day I thought it was Wednesday and this realization it's only Tuesday has left me upset....and then I remembered that I didn't read any blogs yesterday and it was indeed Wednesday, on the verge of THursday...and life got instantly better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a guac situation like yours before; (http://www.ourlittlebalhamlife.com/2012/07/no-shame.html). I handled it a little better probably because I wasnt being 'visited' by Aunt Flo, and I hadnt dealt with a sick cat.
    Hope your wednesday was better and your thursday is better xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.