2.04.2013

the final day

I walked out these doors for the last time, and I danced.


Friday was my final day at my job, and let me tell you....it was a dream.

I finished training the new girl (who is actually pretty great, by the way), I sat, relaxed, and played with my phone while IT set her up on my computer, and then I had one of the best conversations of my life.

First, some backstory: when I first started my last job, one girl made a 25 question survey for me to fill out as a joke since I hardly spoke to anyone. One of the questions asked about my pet peeves, and apparently I wrote "people who talk too much." Anyway, this girl showed PFF my survey.

PFF came up to me, and in front of the new girl and the IT guy, she looked at me and said "I saw the survey you filled out when you started working here, and I saw that as one of your pet peeves you listed people who talk too much. I guess I must drive you nuts!!"

You guys. It was the most perfect moment of my life.

I looked at her and said, "Yes. Yes you do."

She set the ball, and I spiked that sucker right over the net. I could not have asked for a better goodbye.

And that was my day. My boss didn't even say goodbye to me, but I was totally fine with that. I bounced 2 hours early and hit the gym so I could gorge myself with pizza and donuts without shame. And I did. And it was great.

And this morning I'm starting my new job. I'm so ready for this new chapter.


P.S. Thank you guys so much for the supportive tweets, emails, comments, and text messages. It means more than anything that you all share my happiness over leaving that job.

28 comments:

  1. yesyesyesyesyes!

    I'm so excited for you :) Although, I will admit, my day has been dull and boring without our email banter. I now know how you felt when I started my new job.

    I can't wait to hear all about your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!!

    I hope your first day is going swell, can't wait to hear about how much better it is than your "OLD JOB!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, YES, YES!

    Can't wait to hear about the new gig. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPEEEE!!!
    I am so glad you got to go out on one last glorious conversation... to blog about... obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome, awesome last day! I particularly love that you told your boss off - not sure if I would have had the ability to do that!

    Good luck on the new job today! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for telling little miss PFF that YES she really annoyed you because she's annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH!!!!!!!

    I swear I heard Joy to the World playing in the background of this post.

    And that is the happiest ending of all. "Yes. Yes you do." Bahaha. Love it. I hope you did gorge yourself! Even if you didn't go to the gym beforehand, you earned it! Congratulations, and best of luck at your new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you! The conversation with PFF was the cherry on top too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for a new chapter! nothing compares to that last fateful day at a dreadful job, magical. so happy for your new endeavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure today is already rocking your world. I'm not going to lie, it's going to be awfully lonely during the day in blogland until you hit your stride with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. bahaha! I can't believe you got a last word like that. That like- never happens. I took way too much joy out of that. :)
    Can't wait to hear about your new job that actually uses your degree and treats you like a human.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like the best day! Hope the new job is all you hope it is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh my lord- could that have been a more perfect way to end your job there?!??! I love it! You go woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! I hope the new job is wonderful and your coworkers only talk when necessary or wittiness calls for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1) SO PROUD OF YOU for telling off the witch that is PFF. Seriously, I wish you could have recorded it.

    2) WOOHOO for new jobs! Hope it's a million times better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THAT IS SO PERFECT! I love it so much. You go, Girlllll!

    Hope all is going well at the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sha-BAM! Perfect closure.
    We're all excited to *read* your new chapter...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahaha awesome! Wish I could've seen her face/reaction when you answered. :) Tell us all about the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! I love that she set you up for that! :-) Now, on to better things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a great goodbye. I hope you had an awesome first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a perfect way to end it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Quitting a job (when you have another lined up) is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Appгесiation to mу father who tolԁ me on the topic of
    this blog, this weblog is in fact remаrκаble.


    Also viѕit my ρаge Bucket Trucks
    Feel free to surf my web blog ; buccket truck

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am giving you fist bumps and high fives from Nebraska. That is completely epic.

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahaha that is AMAZING - congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh man...you left PFF with a GREAT goodbye. I wish I could've been there to see that! hahahah

    So happy for you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.