5.20.2013

guess who's back? back again? michelle's back, tell a friend!

Hey, hi, how are ya?


In case you forgot what I look like. Also, I'm not mad, just hungry.

I've been in an internet funk.

Like I've hated the internet for a solid week now. No reason. I've just hated it. And I didn't want to blog. No reason. But I'm good now. And I missed spewing all my thoughts all over you guys, so I'm back!

So where have I been the past week? I'm so glad you asked! Let me tell you all about it!!

1. I had a horrible week last week. James and I took a 4 day weekend staycation to celebrate our anniversary, and once I got back to work it seemed the universe was punishing me for taking time off. It was brutal. But all is well now.

2. We stayed with my parents for a night last weekend. I had a photo shoot with their cat Joe, helped my dad plant his garden (I can't wait to have my own!), and ran into people from high school and the three of us silently decided to pretend like we didn't all see each other. A typical day back home.


3. I GOT TICKETS TO SEE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE (Justin Timberlake!). But wait! It gets better! WITH KELSEY AND ALISSA. They are coming for a weekend in November, and we're all going to the concert together. I can't even breathe I'm so excited. Also, I realize NSYNC is no longer a thing, but would it kill JT to have a Bye Bye Bye moment? My inner 13 year old Michelle would faint. If only I could go back 11 years and tell her she would have tickets to see him. Swoon.

4. We got our new apartment! Ok, so we can't move until July 21st, but we know which one is ours! And it's in the building I was hoping for. It's perfect. It's a 10 second walk to the gym and pool instead of a 10 minute walk, AND it has a view of a big grassy area and trees instead of our current view of a parking lot with rusty carports. I am so excited. Now to find a new couch and dining room table and dresser...

5. Sobbing over the Office finale. I'm in mourning and will be for the next 13 years. But it was the most perfect series finale I've ever seen. Perfect.

6. I'm still stuck in the hole that is Lost. It's taking the edge off the end of The Office. I'm one episode into season 3 and I have so many things to say I don't even know where to begin. It's all just so trippy. I mean, what is real? I don't even know anymore.


Whew. It's good to be back.

18 comments:

  1. Real life always is always more annoying post-vacation. At this point I can't even imagine how I'm going to feel when I get back from visiting my family this summer. But I'm not going to think about that.
    I spent the entire Office finale laughing and crying and sometimes doing both. I was so sad, but it was so perfectly Office-like and why in the world do the good shows on tv ever have to end??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new apartment!!

    I cried all over The Office finale too. I hadn't even watched the show in almost a year but I LOVED the finale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to create a drinking game from your blog where you take a shot every time you make a 90s reference

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have NO idea how happy it made me to see you back in my reader list today. NO IDEA.

    Yes..yes..yes..YES to all all of this. That photo shoot with the cat is absolutely cracking me up. And that polka dot top and sunglasses you have on up there? Gimme. STAT.

    NUMBER 3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    Also, not ready to talk about The Office yet. I don't know if I will ever be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Office. That stopped me dead in my tracks.

    I watched the finale TWICE in the same day. and sobbed.

    I still can't. I just....I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shhhaaayyddeeeee, aftermath!

    Please don't give Kelsey your sunglasses...please give them to me instead. KTHANKS.

    #3 ...well, you know how I feel about this. And I just love it. So much. I would also like to get back in time and tell my 14 year old self that missing the Nsync to go to California wasn't the end of the world. Because getting to see JT, meeting you, and road tripping with Kelsey is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well look who decided to show up in my feed this morning! YAY!

    Even though I am still pissed at you 3 because I want to be a timberwife. MORE THAN ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you're back! We all have those weeks where we hate the Interweb.

    And how in the heck are you already on season 3 of Lost?! I started months ago and am only halfway through 2! I can't wait to see what crazy stuff happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for a new apartment and a better view!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all have those weeks, glad things are looking up now
    Yay for getting the apartment in the building you wanted. A grassy view beats a parking lot any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lost... even until the last episode I was like "What is happening?!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you are back! Love you are getting a new apartment! Love that things are better for you this week! I too have been in a blogging funk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will not discuss #3.

    ever.

    Even if I'm really happy for all of you.

    ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate taking vacations, because the work always seems never-ending afterward. Same with office closures. Eff.

    I'm glad you're better now, and back. Sometimes an internet break is warranted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AH! I love Lost. I want to rewatch it because it was SO confusing the first time around, but I can't watch it at night. It creeps me out too much. Nothing makes sense until the end, too. And then things still don't make sense, haha. BUT I LOVE IT!

    I'm also in a state of mourning. But I'm glad things ended the way they did. I love The Office :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHUT UP. I'm so jealous about the J.T. tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO jealous that you're going to a JT concert!! That's definitely on my bucket list.
    Congrats on getting the apartment that you wanted. How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think we're always in the middle of re-watching LOST. we love it so much, but it's so freaking long (and things like The Office & Mad Men get in the way...) I think we just finished season 3. but honestly that's what Netflix is for, keeping track of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.