6.12.2013

it's a darn good thing I'm not superstitious

First off, I'd like to wish THE HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS to Angi. Go give her a hug.

*****


Ok. Now I need to tell you something. I just need to tell somebody. This is the creepiest coincidence.

Last night I had the most vivid dreams of my life about tornados. Tornados are reoccurring dreams of mine, but man, nothing quite like last night's dreams. They were as vivid as they can possibly be without me literally experiencing them.

I dreamed I was sitting in the living room of the house I grew up in, only to look outside and see a huge tornado barreling toward our house. My mom and I ran into the basement, trying to grab our cats and find the safest place to hide. I was trying to call James at work to warn him, but he wasn't answering his phone. I woke up panicking and then fell back to sleep, and in my next dream we came out of the basement to find news reporters in our yard. As I told them about the tornado, I saw another one coming at us, and this time we couldn't find the cats and I was panicking. In my dream, a lady came up to me and said there was an F5 tornado coming, and it was going to kill almost everyone in town. My heart was racing when I woke up. It was one of those dreams I haven't been able to shake all day. I swear, there needs to be some sort of therapy session for the mornings after nightmares like this. I need someone to bring me back to reality! Or buy me a donut. Something! Anything!

So that would be one thing to dream about tornados, right? Well, it gets weirder. I woke up this morning and started scrolling through twitter to help calm myself down, and there were a ton of tweets from the local news about serious storms developing today. Storms like last year's derecho which was hands down the scariest and most intense storm I've ever been through. The hype has been building all day. It was all people talked about at work today, and there was a sense of impending doom, if you will, all throughout the office. Everyone is worried about possible tornados or losing power. We've had a million severe thunderstorms, and we're so used to them we hardly blink. But people seemed super freaked out this time.

I'm sure the news is being overly cautious after what happened in Oklahoma and last year's storm, but it's a little unsettling after all my nightmares last night. But what the heck! All day long I've seen headlines like "Ohio at risk for severe storms," "Possible Tornadoes," and "Very Dangerous Storms Developing Later." And now we're under a tornado watch and the power company is emailing everyone about the severe weather. So let's just hope that lady in my dream isn't right. But really, in all seriousness, I'm not concerned. Just the creepiest coincidence. But I might be a little scared to go to bed tonight.

Or maybe I'm just watching too much Lost.

9 comments:

  1. *sniff* You're the bomb, baby. Thanks for the birthday shout out :)

    Um, that would FREAK ME OUT if I dreamed about storms and then woke up to storm warnings. That'd be like dreaming about an earthquake and tsunami, and then waking up to tsunami sirens going off again. NOTHANKYOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recurring dreams ARE THE WORST. But a recurring tornado dream? YUCK.

    I hope all is well in the Ohio skies tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_o I'll pray for you.

    On a totally unrelated note, one day I knew if we went somewhere we were going to have a car wreck, and I told my husband, who was like, I'll drive safe, don't worry ::hugs me::

    So I prayed and went with him and God gave me peace about it. And we had a car wreck. How weird is that? (Could have been just a consequence)

    I still feel all creepy thinking about it.

    Also your blog is amazing. But I'm sure you know that :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you tell your dreams (nightmares) to people they won't come true. I hope !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, too much Lost! LOL just kidding. I've been hearing about these storms, too, and getting freaked out. Luckily, though, I read something a meteorologist wrote today since everyone was freaking out and it made me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope it wasn't as bad as they were forecasting, and that you, James, and the kitty are all safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when that storm hit you last year! I hope there isn't a repeat of it...

    Trying to get my cats into the basement a few weeks ago was so hard. Tino scares me a little, and he jumped out of my arms 3 times...which is why he ended up under a laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never used to be afraid of storms until terrible ones like the ones in Oklahoma and Joplin, MO happened. Now I am a big baby about it. And as we are in tornado alley, it gives me plenty of opportunities to be a baby. I'm just glad we have a basement now. Even though I slept through the sirens a few weeks ago and that freaks me out big time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, now I don't know if you have anxiety or X-Men powers (Storm/Jean Grey?). Well, let's keep an eye on that... :P

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.