7.02.2013

hello



It's summer in Ohio. The grass is green, the corn is knee high by the 4th of july, and afternoons are full of pop up thunderstorms.

I've only heard this, though. I don't actually know it to be true because my days are spent in an office building underneath fluorescent lights. And just to rub it in, there's a public pool across the street.

The nerve.

But whatever.


It's summer so I've been trying new things lately. For instance, I got a library card!  Don't worry, this isn't my first one. I was a regular during my elementary school days, but I haven't really used one since. I have to say, it's the best decision I've made in at least the last 3 years. Did you know you get to read books? FOR FREE?! Why have I not been doing this?!!!!?!?

In the past 48 hours I've read a book and a half. I have a mondo list of book requests on the library's website. I have never been happier. Prepare yourself for a future post full of book suggestions. I'm that person. bOoKs4LyFe.

I also started doing something radical: going to the gym before work instead of after work. I won't even tell you what time my alarm goes off, because it would be a hate crime against humanity. But I will tell you that it's amazing to come home from work and then....not have to go to the gym (!!!!!!!!!!).

Life is full of wonders, I'm telling you.

I would tell you more, but I have a stack of books next to me to put my nose in.

18 comments:

  1. Please tell me a list of books to read - I'm in a rut! And I love reading during the summer. Okay, okay, I love reading all year round.

    Good for you for going to the gym in the morning. It's light by 5:30 ...might as well get out of bed, ya know? Yikes. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOH LIBRARY CARDS!! My library gave me a regular card, shaped like a credit card, PLUS a little one that goes on my key chain for quick, easy book checking-out. It looks like a gym pass. I use my library card WAY more than I use my gym pass, though. #YOLO

    Tell me what you've been reading!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I have a libarary card too! Best thing ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the gym by eight this morning. I have never been to the gym that early in my life... but not gonna lie, I feel like a million bucks right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a better woman than me for making it to the gym before work! I feel like that's just not in the cards for me. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah! nothing like the dusty and papery smell of the library. one of my favorite places where it is totally okay to go wild and leave so much more than you entered with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always hated the library... until recently, when I got cheap but I wanted to read stuff and they had the books I wanted. So I got over my library issues and got a few books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A book and a half??? Dang, I wish I had that kind of time!
    It's time to switch up my priorities ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really is nice to be able to come home and be lazy, isn't it??? That doesn't mean I'm not straight up angry when the alarm goes off at 5am every day...

    Books are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I drive by the library I think, I should go in there. But I get scared...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would give up my first born for a pop up thunderstorm. or even cloud cover.
    But- I do get to work outside and enjoy the summer which is nice. (ask me if I think that when I'm outside and it's 104 degrees.)

    annnnnd I need a library card. stat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Working out in the morning is the best. I always feel so good afterward and it frees up a lot of time!! But it is so hard to do. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in total admiration of your early-morning gym-going ways. I can't work out in the mornings...it makes me feel like crap. Pretty sure that's the opposite effect it's supposed to have........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I've read your post and I have three words for you - are you ready? Weekend. Outdoor. Readathon.

    Yeah, I know...I felt it too.

    During the "good part" of Anchorage's summer (this year it was May 30-June 30, RIP summer) I lay out in parks or my own lawn on a picnic blanket or beachtowel, soak up that precious brief sunshine and blue sky, smell the grass, hear the birds and positively tear through paperbacks. You might be doing it under a sunhat or SPF Infinity, but it would still help heal your fluorescently scarred soul...we working girls gotta fit our summer to our schedule, but we still get to HAVE a bit of summer, ey whatwhat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ummm yeah so Midwest summers are THEE best! I am in awe at people who work out before work I've tried it and can't do it! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pretty impressed that you work out *before* work. I always think "Gee, I should do that". Then when I try it fails miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Libraries are truly amazing. I started using ours for a long time last summer. And then Angel lost one of my library books by thinking it belonged to me and putting it with my books instead of with my library books and it was overdue...I finally found it, but returning it was a shameful process. I don't think I've checked out a book since then...:P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I joined a book club, which is something I never thought I'd do. and hooray for before work workouts! Love those :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.