7.23.2013

IT'S 11:30 AND THE CLUB IS JUMPIN' JUMPIN'

Yesterday I rediscovered Destiny's Child which led to rediscovering TLC (I DON'T WANT NO SCRUBS), and that led to Samantha Mumba, and so on and so forth. All of that to say that putting your iPod on shuffle can be a gift.

*pausing for a moment because I just spilled ice cold water down my shirt and OMG*

Last week may have been terrible, but I owned Monday. Monday turned out to actually be a bit of a pleasure.

It all started when my boss brought in donuts. I mean, hello. And then it started raining. And raining. And raining. And it was raining so hard on the metal roof it was seriously deafening. I couldn't hear anything anyone was saying to me. And it went on for hours. We got flash flood warnings, but I always ignore those because seriously, a flash flood? I have yet to see one. I didn't even think they were real life.

HA.

I peeked over the wall of cubes and saw that it was raining so hard it practically looked like a blizzard. Curiosity got the better of me and I walked over to the windows where a crowd was gathering. The parking lot had completely flooded. Flash floods are REAL LIFE, you guys. Who knew? We all stood at the window, munching on our donuts, watching the water slowly creep up to the building and cover the tires of the cars. Thankfully I parked up on a hill behind the building, so my car was fine.

The water eventually started lapping against the doors and windows of the building across the street, and it destroyed several car engines in the parking lot. Nothing like a Monday morning spent with donuts and watching cars get swallowed by water. It was awful and incredibly entertaining.





And then I went back to work, clocked some overtime, packed some more boxes at home, MOVED SOME THINGS TO OUR NEW PLACE, and then made some killer 9pm fish taco bowls. Because moving means sometimes you don't have time to eat dinner until 9pm.

And then when I got back from the gym this morning I realized my shirt had been completely inside out the entire time. Suffice it to say, I'm really tired and it's going to be another long day.

Actually, no. Wait. My shirt was on backwards the entire time, not inside out. See? Exhaustion.

*turns up Destiny's Child*

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that, Charlie how yo' angels get down like that?

16 comments:

  1. there have been two "500 year" floods here in the last like 3 years so whenever it rains we're all on high alert, just waiting for that damn water to come creepin into all our homes. stupid rain. it is pretty fascinating to see though

    oh. and the girl at dunkin donuts forgot to put cream in my coffee this morning. so cheers to tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destiny's Child is one of my favorite stations on Pandora. I think Kelsey caught me listening to it a couple weeks ago, or at least saw it on my iPad.

    Holy flood! That rain is here now, but luckily, not as heavy.

    PS: I tried driving my car through a flooded road a few years ago. Dumb dumb dumb. My engine almost stalled. I just really wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory.

    PPS: WHITNEY - FISH TACOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've followed you on Bloglovin for a while but I haven't previously taken the time to read back through other posts - please don't tell my Boss I just lost about an hour to your blog! You are such a brilliant writer that it's impossible not to get completely immersed in your posts! Particularly, oh my gosh, your wedding stories just had me getting angry and stressed for you - on the upside your photos are beautiful and I hope now that time has passed you're able to focus more on the happy memories of it all (and wowzers I hope that caterer has had some big ol' karma come her way!) Also your Mean Girls/Blogland post is the best thing I've read in ages, definitely linking to that in my next favourite links post, it is genius! Thankyou for such a great read :)

    PS - I literally LOVE TLC, Crazysexycool was THE album of my early teens and I listen to it and reminisce on quite a regular basis.

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Yes, Alissa, I DID catch that on your iPad-- no judgment though-- I regularly belt out "EMOTION" by DC when I am feeling angst-ridden-- everyone should try it!!
    2. FLASH FLOODS ARE SO WHACK. It has been pouring here since last night, but luckily nothing like your weather!!
    3. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW PLACE WITH MY OWN EYEBALLS. I CAN'T.
    4. There's no way to say this without sounding inappropriate but I LOVE FISH TACOS (the food!!!) Let's make them when I visit? GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I knew it. I knew it. EMOTION IS SUCH A GREAT SONGGGGGG.

      4. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ewwwwwww. Ew. I'll eat at Wendy's HQ that night.

      Delete
  5. FLash floods were the bane of my childhood. We live in this hollow and the water just LOVES that. There was a storm drain we renamed Old Faithful when it would storm. It would shoot water like, 10 feet in the air.

    but then Utah went into a 15 year drought and that hasn't happened in awhile. boo.

    annnd fish tacos....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fish Tacos and Destiny's child and NEW ROOFS OVER HEADS! YAYAYYYY I sure hope your car was ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your posts! You're hilarious! I don't think I've ever seen rain like that. Ever. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the AZ Monsoons are more than just dirt this year, and maybe just maybe we can get a little precipitation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SAMANTHA MUMBA!! Oh my gosh...Baby Come On Over? That was my JAM in high school. Now I need to download that song...thank you for the throwback.

    UGH. I want rain SOOO bad. Let's trade weather...I don't care how humid it might be and that I'd have a river outside my door.. As long as it's raining and I can lay in bed reading a good book while I can hear it pouring outside, that's all I want!!!! Is that so much to ask??

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been raining my a mofo out here. My kid doesn't care, she goes outside and gets soaking wet. Me on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flood pictures are insane!

    When do you get to move?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't go chasin' waterfalls, Michelle. Even when they follow you to work and ruin the lives of those around you. Stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't believe in flash floods until we moved to TX, in the past 3 weeks I've seen a few already - just last night we had one, nothing was happening and then next thing we knew, our street was a river and then 30mins later, it stopped lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was going to mom lecture you about taking flash floods warning more seriously and then OMG FLASH FLOOD.

    Also, I'm not entirely positive you are ready for this jelly.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.