8.14.2013

"I've got the kavorka, Jerry!"

 I would like to thank the powers that be behind this week's Whatever Wednesday post, because it's helping me get out my writer's block rut with this very simple topic. My 5 favorite TV shows. AREN'T YOU JUST DYING TO KNOW?! Here's the thing: my favorite shows change depending on what's airing. Sometimes it's Duck Dynasty, sometimes it's Downton Abbey. Right now it's The West Wing. But these are the shows that have been in my top 10 for as long as I can remember. Shows I grew up with and that I quote regularly. My old friends that make me laugh when my new ones don't.

And without further ado.


1. Boy Meets World. I started watching this show about 15 years ago. I used to watch it on our big 80s console TV after school, and continued to watch all the way through high school. And when I was in college I watched it while I was getting ready for my morning job at the doctor's office. And now I own all the seasons on DVD and watch them whenever I get a Cory Matthews hankering. Which is often.






















2. Gilmore Girls. This show is so special to me. I identified so much with Rory in high school; we both loved coffee, were kind of loners, and we preferred a stack of books to the company of people. And we both studied writing in college. I love her. My high school English teacher and I spent Wednesday mornings discussing the previous night's new episode and disected it to pieces. The good 'ol days. Except, team Dean or team Jess?!!??!? I STILL DON'T KNOW!! It's the question that has plagued me for a decade.



3. The Office. I fell in love with this show in college and spend Thursday nights crammed on a little couch with all my guy friends. I cried during the finale. I really have no words for the love I have for this show.







































4. Friends. I don't even need to say a word. We all wish this show was our life. And now, scenes from my favorite episode. The one where Joey speaks French. Though the episode with Ross making fajitas is a very close second.




(WE WERE ON A BREAK!)


5. Seinfeld. The most quotable show of all time. The older I get, the more I relate to it.






































RUNNER UP: Parks & Rec 

Ron and I understand each other on a spiritual level
(I also love The Big Bang Theory)

(Amy Farrah Fowler is my soul sister)

(Also, Arrested Development)(I HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE)

(Oh! How I Met Your Mother? Yes.)

(OK BYE)



WW

18 comments:

  1. Pippety Poppety, give me the zoppety.

    I just started re-watching this show and watched that one last night. Michael Scott is one of the greatest tv characters of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I loved some of those. but, let me talk about Dean. I LOVED dean...before he got married and cheated on his wife with Roary. Then I was very upset. He just wasn't the same person anymore, and also HOW COULD HE do that to his wife! O_O

    obviously I have issues. hah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i felt like i had a really good comment comin, and then i got to the office and now im just all in a tizzy, reliving the finale and re-realizing that i will never see a new episode.


    but i will soldier on. gilmore girls- YES. friends- YES. boy meets world- YES.
    are you going to kill me because i don't like seinfeld?
    i haven't seen an episode in like...10 years. maybe i need to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Parks & Rec. And that scene from Boy Meets World? Probably my most quoted Boy Meets World scene in my day to day life.

    Also, I'm down with Seinfeld. It took me a long time to actually get it, but like you said, the older I get, the more I relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I smiled like a creep throughout this entire post!

    I'm 'that girl' who never really got into Friends or Gilmore Girls. SHOOT ME. And you know I haven't seen The Office yet. CLEARLY, I have things to do!

    Too bad my TV/Internet was out all last night and I couldn't watch ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL OF THIS IS LIFE

    1. BMW was my life in high school. And middle school. And possibly college. I can't even THINK about the last episode when they all said goodbye to Mr. Feeney without melting into a puddle of tears.

    2. The Office, THERE IS NOTHING BETTER. I literally said to someone the other day "I have plenty of female friends. My mom. Pam’s mom. My aunt—although she just blocked me on IM."

    3. FRIENDSSSSSS. I will forever be in love with Ross Geller. I worked at the New York State Museum for my last two years of college and I was constantly scouring the floors for a thick-haired paleontologist to mack on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sure I wasn't team Logan. Boo on him. I was so glad that she said no when he proposed at the end. I too go back and forth between Dean and Jess. Gilmore Girls is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy Meets World--yes, yes, yes. It's a crime if you grew up in the 90's and missed out on BMW. Friends is my absolute favorite show of all time. I think we've watched all the seasons like four or five times now and have talked about re-starting it again. Ha!

    Big Bang is edging up on my list and Modern Family of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RUNNERS ARE ARE MORE THAN 5 CHEATER. JK I couldn't even be bothered to post this week so who am I to judge?!?

    Prepare yourself...I've never seen one episode of Gilmore Girls. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We like all the same shows! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only recently started watching Friends and now I want to know- WHY DID I NOT WATCH IT BEFORE NOW? WHERE HAS IT BEEN ALL MY LIFE? I've seen a lot of episodes out of order so my goal when my husband deploys is to watch all the seasons from beginning to end. I have very lofty goals. I had the same basic goal with The Office and let me tell you, it's been very rewarding. Although do you agree that it wasn't quite the same when Michael Scott left?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Gilmore Girls! I can watch that show over and over! So witty! And by the way, Amy Farrah Fowler is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. God i love Friends - my favourite friends moment is when Ross is trying to move a couch up the stairs and just keeps yelling 'pivot. pivot! PIVOT!!!!'

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems we have very similar tastes in TV shows... almost like TV soul-mates until the Seinfeld thing. I don't know that I've ever watched a complete episode??? I feel like it may be a show I like, but I just never got around to it? (And also I couldn't get into Arrested Development.) Besides those shows, I love every show you listed (though I got into Friends way late and still need to finish the last few seasons...) :)

    --Erika
    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to sit down and watch GG. My sister LOVES that show and has all the seasons on dvd, so you know what I'll be doing once I finish watching 24.
    And I honestly believe that there will never be a show like The Office. It's a classic and Steve Carell is a genius. End of story.

    Ron graced us with his presence in a 24 episode that I was watching last week. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Boy Meets World, The Office, Friends, and Big Bang are the shiz!!! You have awesome taste in television =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like I should whisper type this because I'm afraid someone is going to yell at me. I've never watched Gilmore Girls. And you can't get me to watch Seinfeld ever. I don't really know why. I've never really tried? But I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you going to watch the new Boy Meets World? I think I'll have to avoid it if I want my perfect memory of that show to be preserved haha

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.