1. I've been reading The Book Thief lately. I know everyone is all THIS BOOK, but so far I'm not completely in love with it. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm just not excited about reading it. I'm only halfway through, so we'll see.
2. I also made a huge photo wall with my instagram prints. And when I finished I stepped back and noticed it's all tilty and uneven, but I really don't care. I would expect nothing less from myself.
2b. It's a lot bigger than the picture would let you think. And a lot more uneven. And yes, those are our bikes, BECAUSE WE ARE HIPSTER AND OH SO URBAN.
3. Did you know that in newer cars with more fancypants computerized stuff, you can't leave the keys in the ignition when the car is off? I learned that lesson last week when my battery died on my lunch break. The roadside assistance guy jumped the car while lecturing me on the importance of never leaving keys in the ignition with a kids these days look on his face. I'm telling you this so you don't have to experience the shame. Also, if I made you think I drive a spanky new car *brushes shoulders off,* I just drive a Honda. But I love it.
4. I took my cat to the vet Saturday to get her annual shots, and I was more traumatized than she was.
5. The only shows I'm even attempting to watch so far are Parenthood and Parks & Rec. That's all I need. Oh, and The Biggest Loser when that comes back. Last week a girl at work was trying to talk to me about some movie she wants to see that's out in theaters. I told her I'd never heard of the movie, and she could not even handle that I'm that out of touch. This is my life, and I love it. Give me yarn! Give me my cat! Give me my books! I don't need your pop culture.
6. At this very moment, on Sunday evening, I can see the rain pouring down outside as I drink my pumpkin coffee. I want to bottle up this moment.
6b. The rain WAS nice until I realized I still needed to get groceries. Grocery shopping in torrential rain and thunderstorms is not fun. You know what also isn't fun? Making your grocery list on your phone, and then thinking you accidentally deleted it while reaching for the limes. You know what also isn't fun? Getting home to realize you never actually deleted it; the list was there the whole time, but it had somehow been labeled Target instead of Trader Joe's. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.
6c. It's still raining, but I'm home wearing my flannel pajama pants, my kitty is sleeping, and there's an apple cider candle burning. Life is ok again.
6d. The good thing about going to Trader Joe's is that I bought pumpkin everything. Pumpkin body butter? Pumpkin bread pudding?! Yes. I even bought real pumpkins! I finally have a fall-ish front porch. I AUTUMNED UP THE JOINT.
|I MADE THAT WREATH. I WIN FALL.|
7. I'm hooked on soup lately. I've been making a big pot of soup early in the week, and we've been eating on it all week. Chopping veggies is therapeutic after a long day of work, but it's also nice to have leftovers for most of the week.
8. Because I am such a wild and crazy person, I've been hooked on puzzles. Yes, puzzles. There is currently a 1,000 piece Christmas scene puzzle on our kitchen table that I work on while dinner is cooking. I am five.