10.15.2013

the last 24 hours in haikus

I hated Monday.
So sleepy, I hit the snooze,
then forgot my lunch.

Well, not all my lunch.
It was the avocado.
The very best part!

Work was so stressful.
Every little thing went wrong.
Still so exhausted.

Tim Horton's coffee,
I was counting on you, jerk!
Bad coffee, again.

I sat in my car,
Fending off bad coffee tears.
I can't stay awake.

Then the afternoon.
Even worse than the morning.
Retirement, please?

So glad to leave work.
Hey! Traffic isn't that bad!
Oh, wait. Just kidding.

Listen, slow lady.
Speed limit is 65,
It's not 45.

Oh, really? REALLY?
We're taking the same exit?
AND YOU ARE STILL SLOW.

Will you please just turn?
I can't pass you in this lane.
WILL YOU PLEASE JUST LEAVE.

Too late, I'm home now.
Could've been so much sooner.
Stupid slow lady.

Walk inside, collapse.
I need my bed. Hello, James.
Listen to me whine.

I know, I'm cranky.
An attitude adjustment?
I know, I need one.

Whine, complain, whine, whine.
Bad day, hungry, so sleepy.
WAIT DID YOU SAY CAKE?!

James brought cake from work!
Is that what I think it is?
A shift in my mood?

5 minutes later,
I've inhaled yummy cake.
Oh, I needed that.

Now time for dinner.
James turns on Christmas music (!!!!!!),
and we make some soup.

Chop some potatoes,
Dang, that's a potent onion!
Where is the parsley?

Crap, forgot the kale!
Burned my hand on the hot soup!!!
OW OW OW OW OW

At least it's yummy.
Now time for tornado shows.
I just love Netflix.

I love tornadoes.
Well, they terrify me too.
I want to see one?

I should have become
A meteorologist.
Wait, physics? No thanks.

If I weren't wimpy,
I'd move to Oklahoma,
And chase tornadoes.

Wait, no I wouldn't.
But I'll watch them on TV.
Safely far away.

Monday's finally done.
This day has been really hard.
At least there was cake.

Finally asleep,
I dream weird dreams about our cars,
5am already?!

Ugh, morning workout.
I'd rather still be in bed.
Is it Friday yet?

Nope, it's just Tuesday.
Always my least favorite day.
I hope I'll get cake.


11 comments:

  1. Tim Horton's is the worst coffee ever. Why do you torture yourself? A lot of Rochestarians hate me because I would rather drink coffee from a gas station than from Timmie-Ho's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have Terrible Tuesdays? I hope not!

    Growing up, I always said I wanted to move to Oklahoma and be a storm chaser. That's until I realized how bad I am at math and science. So, watching storms on TV is what I have also settled for.

    SOUP. I made chicken noodle soup on Sunday. My mom's recipe. I can send it over if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "WAIT DID YOU SAY CAKE?"

    I love this, maybe too much. I can't wait to see the poetry you write about our visit to Ohio.

    TWISTER is one of my most-watched movies of all time. NO JOKE. #TORNADOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so funny.
    Can we just quit our jobs and go live in the country with no worries??
    With cake, netflix, and yummy coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure escalated quickly! SLOW LADY.

    You are brilliant, miss thang. This should happen once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never loved a "I hate Mondays" post so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get cake too. And maybe some whine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you got cake on Tuesday AND today too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now it's Wednesday, I'm sure it's been a better day.

    THE BIKE IS BACK. I AM SO HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.