1. Monday night before bed, I was texting Sarah about how we were supposed to get a ton of snow last weekend, but it was only several inches. And then I woke up yesterday morning to a completely unexpected and unforecasted blizzard. Magic.
2. I sit all by myself at work. There were two other people that sat next to me, but one of them moved when a better desk opened up (by the window, can't blame her), and the other one quit a few months ago, so I've been referring to my desk as The Lonely Island. It doesn't bother me, because I like being left to my own devices, except for the fact that people are constantly walking behind me, but that's another story. Anyway, a new guy started on Monday. I'm not sure how I feel about him, and I need to talk through it. He previously worked here, but then he quit 2 years ago to be a stay at home dad. But now he's back, and he decked his desk out in nerd apparel, including what look to be two asian bobbleheads? He's basically the equivalent of a dad mommy blogger. He is always passing around his phone to show pictures of his kids in various costumes he put them in, and on his first day he looked at his watch and very wistfully said, "sigh....it's Spongebob time...." He's short and balding and has a sense of humor I haven't quite figured out yet. I'm not sure what to think. I think he feels the same about me, because yesterday he made a comment about my snack drawer and the fact that it's practically a grocery store. Plus I don't think he's gotten used to the fact that I need turn around every 5 minutes to look out the window 100 feet away. I need to know if it's snowing, ok? Unfortunately, given our proximity, it appears as though I'm turning around to watch him.
3. If you don't have a Trader Joe's, you might want to look away. Because I bought this on a whim last weekend, and it's the best $4 I've ever spent. If you don't have the luxury of having a TJ's 2 miles down the road, try eating chocolate and cheese together at the same time. You'll get the idea. I came home from work last night immensely tired and supremely cranky, and even though I had good intentions of cooking, I accidentally on purpose made this my dinner instead.
4. I'm going to say something that will offend every girl everywhere: I hate gold. I do. I can handle it in small doses and certain situations, but in general I really don't like it. Gold has apparently become the shiz lately, but I want nothing to do with it. I'll stick with silver, please.
Last night I saw a pin for brass hardware. I immediately thought of my childhood home in Reno, built in the early 90s, and all the fixtures were brass. I think of that and I wonder how anyone could ever love brass. It will always scream early 90s to me. And really, do we want to go back to stirrup pants and shoulder pads? Put down the brass and walk away.
5. Last night I also saw a pin for vegan donuts. I was slightly incredulous and wondering what bizarre ingredients were involved, so I clicked on it. And you know what the "vegan donut" was? A peach with crushed pistachios on top. I kid you not. We have gone too far, people. I am all for healthifying desserts, but a peach will never be Krispy Kreme.
6. You all have convinced me. I AM GOING TO READ THE HUNGER GAMES. Did you hear that? You guys convinced me, and that is not an easy thing to do. I always swear off cult book series, but every single person praised it. So I will swallow my pride and read it, and I'm excited.
7. I need to introduce you all to my favorite blog, It Just Gets Stranger. I discovered this blog a year or so ago when I came across The Snuggie Texts (start with these, hysterical), and then I sort of forgot about the blog. I recently rediscovered it, and I'm smitten. This guy has my sense of humor exactly. He is always in ridiculous situations, he pranks people, he tells cat jokes, and he is the best storyteller on the planet. He's also Mormon, and we all know Mormons can't get into heaven unless they have a blog. Kidding!
I'd also like to say this: I think we need more guy bloggers. They are hysterical, and you never have to worry that an outfit or makeup post is going to sneak in there when you least expect it.