|red light, red shirt|
1. I love food blogs. Love them. Especially health food blogs. My favorite food blog of all (though not necessarily a health food blog) is How Sweet It Is. She is the funniest writer and makes the most ridiculous food. She does make some vegan and vegetarian recipes, but she is also pro-bacon and pro-gratutious amounts of chocolate. And she's so funny.
2. I've always sort of wanted to be a flight attendant. I love the thought of flitting about all over the world, traveling to exotic places, and meeting different kinds of people. I have a fantasy of that life in my head, which is evident because I mentioned meeting people and I actually despise meeting most people. I always laugh at myself for this whenever I'm on a plane with my head in the nearest barf bag. In all reality, I could never.
3. I have this thing where I cannot set my alarm or the microwave for a normal time. If I need to wake up at 6, I will set my alarm for 5:59 or 6:02 or something. It drives James insane. Last night he asked me how long to microwave something. I told him 9 seconds. He cringed. I watched him push 10 seconds. I cringed.
4. I am one more pin on Pinterest away from having nightmares of the elf on the shelf. Have you seen the face on that thing?!
5. The sister of one of my ex-boyfriends was a huge bookworm like I am. She was obsessed with Twilight, handed me all her copies, and told me if I didn't read them she would kill me in my sleep. So one day after class, I cracked the first one open. And then I became engrossed. It was the most ridiculous thing I had ever read, but I couldn't stop reading. I only read the first three and never saw the movies, and I'm still ashamed at how much I had to find out what would happen next. This is also part of why I won't read The Hunger Games. I'm afraid I'll like it despite my better judgment.
6. Every now and then I sneak onto youtube and watch episodes of Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens, but only until the 6th grade flashbacks attack.
7. Sometimes I think about what my profile song would be if I still had a Myspace. Remember the profile song?! That was my favorite part. FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND ALL. Whenever I fall head over heels for a new song, I immediately want to make it my profile song. It's been 7 years since I deleted Myspace and I still haven't gotten out of that habit.
8. My very first concert was The Beach Boys in 1994. John Stamos was drumming for them at the time, and what I vividly remember is my mom telling me that Uncle Jesse (HAVE MERCY) was the man playing the drums. I'm still not over it.
9. I've said this before, but I have crazy, outlandish dreams every single night. Without fail. However, my most common nightmares are of hiding from tornadoes and my teeth falling out. I can think of a dozen separate tornado dreams right off the bat. Those leave me feeling rattled (pun not intended--no wait--pun intended) for days. And my teeth falling out! I hear that's a common one, but that doesn't make it any less traumatic.
10. I've been to band camp. I really have. It was the worst experience of my life. It is the closest experience I can imagine that a high school kid can have to a concentration camp. We marched outside in 100 + degree heat until we got sick (and since I was a 16 year old girl I was accused of being pregnant when really I just have HEAT EXHAUSTION, OK?), we were fed very little food, and the food we were given made us even more sick, and one time I hid under the covers in my bed after lunch instead of going to the required practice because I was so tired, and then one of the chaperones found me and screamed at me until I cried. The american high school concentration camp.
11. I really want a snuggie.