12.17.2013

omg christmas

So I'm a really big creep. I love to look in windows when I go by houses. I love when people post house tours. I just love to look in everyone's homes. I want to know everything about where you live. I know, an absolute creep. The same goes for Christmas decorations. I literally will never get tired of seeing pictures of your Christmas tree and your mantle and whatever else you gussied up. Post it on instagram and blog about it. I won't say that about anything else, but I will say that about Christmas. Also, pictures of the snow? Go for it. I get the jollies whenever I see anything snow and/or Christmas related. So I think you can see where this is going. I'm about to smash pictures of my Christmas decorations all up in your face. And yes, I will give you the full tour one of these days. Once I'm done Michelle-ifying everything.

We have a super cheap, fake Christmas tree. It's completely janky, but it works for now. It's decorated with a bunch of cheap ornaments I've collected over the last few years and some felt ball garland I made this year.  I love it. It's cheeky and happy and completely us. However, my ultimate dream is to get a white tree and deck it out in vintage ornaments. Vintage Christmas decorations are my love language. I want to have a retro white tree but also a small normal tree for all my other ornaments. Maybe next year, maybe not. We'll see. I need to get collecting!


With that said! I present to you 27 different angles of my Christmas tree. And an additional 13 angles of the fireplace, my favorite spot in this joint. And also bottlebrush trees and ornament filled mason jars because I am Pinterest. Oh and that cute little wooden sleigh? My daddy made it.










Now show me yours!!

19 comments:

  1. I MISS YOUR APARTMENT

    When I have my own home someday, I expect you to come visit (except not visit and stay forever) and Michelle-ify it. THANK YOUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree! your fireplace is amazing :) I love seeing other people's houses too! I think it shows a lot about who they are....but maybe I'm just reading to much into it.

    Happy Christmas, and may you get all the snow your heart desires :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate my fake tree, too. I miss having a real one! Anyways, I found a mason jar with a lid in my basement (my basement is like a garage sale, you'll see) and I was so excited. I'll photograph it for you later!

    I keep forgetting to get the ceramic tree that my grandmother used to put up in the house, and the picture of yours reminded me. I think my mom has it in her basement ...not that I really have room for it, but I'm going to find a spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We put our fake tree up first, an it just pales in comparison to the real life, taller-than-a-baby-giraffe tree upstairs. But, I do have to say that I like the ornaments on my little one more. Well, not the Wal-Mart filler ornaments, but the ones I collect from vacations and the ones that are gifts from friends.

    Your place is so so Christmassy and I love it. Michelle-ifying could become all the rage this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE IT ALL. That is the cutest, quirkiest tree and it goes perfectly with the deer (? reindeer?) on the mantle.

    I love looking in people's windows regardless of the season which I assure REALLY BOTHERS the person to whom I am wed for life. He says I shouldn't be nosy, I say they shouldn't leave their blinds open at night with the lights on if they don't want people to see inside. Since it becomes acceptable to look in windows during the month of December, I do so to my hearts content.

    And now I sound like a total weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!

    I would love to have a vintage tree, too! There is an awesome vintage shop where I live and they had aluminum trees and old fashion ornaments at the beginning of the season, but they went with a flash. Hoping that I can get my hands on some next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very festive indeed! I keep hearing that everyone loves vintage ornaments...personally my dream Christmas tree is color-coordinated with blue and white lights and looks very elegant. That's been my dream tree since i was a kid. But I've already accepted that when I have a Christmas tree it look much more like a mess instead...and really I'm okay with that.

    And I love spying lit-up Christmas trees in people's homes when we're driving at night! I'm sure Angel thinks it's crazy how excited I get!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last picture is obviously my favorite.
    But seriously, all of your decorations are so cute. And I don't care if your tree is fake...I don't judge. As long as you have a tree, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a turquoise star, and that makes my day. It's so dang you! I seriously need to find a picture of the gold upside down tree I saw in that flower shop. You would die of an overload of Christmas cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok so many things i love about this. 1) i am a total creep too. i always stalk inside people's homes 2) where did you get that deer head? 3) i have the same start, but in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm.. you have the BEST Christmas decor ever! (and that is coming from a self proclaimed Scrooge)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! And that last picture is so so great:) xxoo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude. I love your fireplace! I'm the same way with Christmas and snow pictures. HASHTAG GIVE ME ALL THE PICTURES.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE love love your tree. And that your mantle. And the felt garlands. And basically all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your apartment is way beyond cute, much more than mine. Merry Christmas, girl. Enjoy the season to its fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this. I also am a creeper and look in peoples windows (from a respectable distance like the street when I am driving by) at Christmas time. Your tree is super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your mantle. and Christmas creeping.

    also, I thought of you when I posted our mini Christmas tour. true story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "I get the jollies."
    hahaha I forgot about this phrase.
    Your tree is so happy! I love it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.