1.26.2014

a snow day post

Making:  some more of this body butter. I've been using it to shave my legs, and I love it.

Cooking: I just made some homemade waffles & cheesy scrambled eggs. We're taking the morning off church due to the crazy snow and non-functioning SUV, so a delicious breakfast was in order.

Drinking: Coffee. Glorious coffee.

Reading: 1984 by George Orwell. And I'm loving it a lot more than I thought I would.

Wanting: it be just a little bit warmer so my car will start again ***angry face emoji***

Looking: at the snow falling outside. A few minutes ago the sky was a pretty pink sunrise, and now the second blizzard of the weekend is moving in.


Playing: 8 different games of Words With Friends with my dad. We live for this.

Wishing: for 17 days like this in a row. And a day off work without having to use PTO. I have plenty, but I hate using it.

Enjoying: posting whenever I feel like it. Sometimes on the weekends, sometimes at night. Whenever the mood strikes.

Waiting: for Spring only so I can ride my bike again. And, ok, I am looking forward to having the windows open and fresh flowers and my favorite lemon vanilla candle burning. And maybe a trip to North Carolina? And for my birthday. AND for a very exciting trip to NYC.

Liking: going to bed early and waking up on my own before the sun.

Loving: my ridiculous cat. We snuggle in bed like this every night, and I love it.


Hoping: that our new couch gets delivered soon. I'm getting antsy!

Watching: Happy Gilmore. This movie is so ridiculous.

And now it's Pirates of the Caribbean.

Smelling: a marshmallow candle.

Wearing: Old Navy flannel Christmas pajamas. I wish I could wear these to work.

Following: DiGiorno Pizza on twitter, because they are surprisingly hysterical

Noticing: that it is really hard to find good blogs these days.

Thinking: that Mexican food solves everything. Yesterday was on a downward spiral until James decided we should brave the blizzard and subzero temperatures. So we went 1/2 a mile down the road to the best Mexican restaurant and got some veggie fajitas. Life has been sparkly ever since. I also demand that from here on out we have a decent Mexican joint within 30 seconds of wherever we live.


Bookmarking: vegetarian crock pot chili recipes. Polar Vortex round 2 is coming tonight, so I think some chili is in order.

Giggling: over this picture.  I understand nothing about it, but it sent me into a fit of giggles when I first saw it. And yeah, maybe I saved it to my phone and look at it whenever I need

Feeling: Cozy and content.

12 comments:

  1. I am needing the ice to go away so I can ride my bike so badly. I don't care if there's snow on the grass, just get rid of the dumb ice already!

    We have an awesome Taqueria just down the street. It's ridiculously delicious, and makes my life better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEND THE SNOW TO UTAH.

    we're so screwed this summer if we don't get more snow soon.

    also, your pillow case and your cat are to die for and don't be surprised if I show up on your porch ready to go get some veggie fajitas. You've been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. 1984. We listened to it on a cross country drive and by the time we arrived, my brain had exploded. I still think about how it ended and well, the entire thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to sneak out of work and go to that Mexican restaurant you took us to right now, I don't care that it is not even 9am yet. This is an emergency.

    UMMM THE NYC TRIP *hearts eyes emoji* will be the highlight of my Spring (and my year, let's be honest) I can't wait for you to get here, my lady! SO SOON. SO FLIPPING SOON. LIKE 39ish DAYS, SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many things, I don't know where to start.

    This morning on my way to work, I thought about you driving a U-Haul from Ohio to NY with the couches that I love so much. Tell me they are going on the curb, and I will send someone right over to pick them up.

    I had tacos yesterday for lunch. But going out for Mexican food > cooking it yourself and having to clean everything up.

    I've wanted that marshmallow candle for years...I don't know why I haven't bought it yet.

    NYC is *so* soon. We need to discuss details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I just NEED to know how much PTO you get?! If I had a lot, I would use it as much as I could!
    Mexican food totally solves any problem that I've ever had. Put chips & salsa with a side of guac and a yummy glass of marg in my face, and I'm a happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the price is wrong, betch. gosh happy gilmore will always be a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get out of this reading slump and get to reading 1984… but first I should read these two books I need to read for one of my classes lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mexican food does truly solve everything! Also, pizza. Also, beer.

    Such nice kitty cuddles. I wonder what that is like...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you wrote this post. Since I'm probably not going to get a snow day this year, it was nice to read about yours. DiGiorno's account is surprisingly funny! I remember making those when I was babysitting my sisters. They're (surprisingly) really freaking delicious! Also, love that picture of the sunset and I agree about being max 30 min. from Mexican food at any time. Max!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we have matching sheets. aren't they the warmest?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read 1984 by George Orwell in college, and as you said I thought I would HATE it. But, I ended up liking it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.