2.11.2014

I made you some valentines!

So here's the thing: I'm not into Valentine's day anymore. I don't dislike it; I'm just not into it. At least not as an adult. My mom no longer leaves me a box of chocolate and a new book on the kitchen table every Valentine's Day morning, so like, what's the point, you know? And yeah James could buy me flowers, and while I like flowers, I also really like pizza. So he should really just buy me a pizza and let me watch Netflix in my pajamas. But then Valentine's Day would be like every single Friday night. 

I was, however, very much into Valentine's day as a kid. It was more exciting than Christmas! I mean, when else can I spend half a school day covering my shoebox in the perfect shade of pink construction paper? And the stickers! AND OMG THE CANDY!!! And what if (WHAT IF!) the cute boy with the blue shirt puts a valentine in my box this year? WHAT IF HE LOVES ME NOW? Does the Lisa Frank unicorn valentine I gave him make me seem cool? Did I put too many Xs and Os on it? DID I USE THE RIGHT SPARKLE GEL PEN? IS HE LOOKING AT ME? OOMMGGG.

I lived all year for that. All year. The drama of the valentines was like my very own 4th grade soap opera. But now I'm an adult and I can't be like "Here's that report you asked for, Bob, oh and here's a valentine I'm not hitting on you I swear," and then not be able to make eye contact for a month. I can't live with any more awkward moments in my life. I just can't. I'll implode.

So I decided to make you guys valentines instead. A token of my love and appreciation. I made them as CLASSY as I could. Feel free to give one to your crush or significant other. I guarantee it will make them feel OH SO LOVED AND APPRECIATED.













I think I have finally found my calling in life.

19 comments:

  1. MICHELLE. I CANNOT. OMG. THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED.
    "Check Kanye or nay"...YOU HAVE A GIFT. YOU REALLY DO.

    BRB saving all of these so I can text them to everyone I know on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolz so hard - SO HARD. I thought the Breaking Bad ones I found on tumblr were great - but these? THESE EASILY TAKE THE CAKE.

    Yummm, cake.

    ANYWAY.

    Kelsey is coming up to my house on Friday, and we're watching Grace Helbig's movie, while we eat pizza. Hashtag, best Valentine's Day plans ever. JOIN US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG ALISSA DON'T TELL PEOPLE WHERE I AM GOING TO BE. I LIKE BEING OFF THE GRID.

      BUT REALLY MICHELLE, COME OVER.

      Delete
  3. KANYE OR NAY?? I will print and use this because THIS IS PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha you are AMAZING. I'm printing out the Putin one and sending it to my friend majoring in Russian haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're watson my mind! I DIE. also, did you know heart shaped pizzas are a real thing. double the pizza love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Goodness. Kanye or Nay?? PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do the exact same thing every friday night. It's heaven and I am not ashamed.
    I LOATHE Miley Cyrus, but that's a great V-day card. And that Robin Thicke photo made me throw up in my mouth a little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These. Are. Fantastic. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are AMAZE-BALLS! Totally printing them all out..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You totally took me back! ha ha ha! My bf and I were going to just have our usual Frozen Pizza Friday, but since we are young and poor, date nights are sparse right now. So, we decided why not go out...for pizza this Friday! ha ha. I love pizza over flowers, too, so I'm pretty excited about my V-day date tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Watson one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all SO GOOD. I can't even begin to pick a favorite.

    Also, Bob is still around? WTF???

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOW DID I MISS THIS I AM SO BEHIND.

    The Kanye one is my faves, obvi. But seriously, you have some talent.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.