2.16.2014

the sunday currently, vol. 2

brrr.

READING: Bonhoeffer still. It's 625 pages with tiny print, so it's going to take me awhile. But speaking of WWII stuff, we saw The Monuments Men yesterday thanks to a gift card I got from work. People think I'm weird for reading stacks and stacks of WWII books, but it pays off when you watch a WWII-related movie and understand it AND get to explain some of it to your husband. Knowing French, though, is a curse BECAUSE THE SUBTITLES WERE KINDA WRONG. But still, a good movie. Go watch it. 
WRITING: Not much lately. I haven't had anything of significance to say. It's an ebb and flow thing, you know? 
LISTENING: to James vacuum. There is no sweeter sound than that of a man doing housework.
THINKING: that it's really nice to take a hot shower again. Let me tell you a little story about my week: I came home from work on Wednesday to zero hot water. I had to attempt to wash my hair Thursday morning in the bathtub, but the water was so cold my fingers went instantly numb, so that didn't work. Maintenance fixed it that day, and I got home and decided I would just wash my hair Friday morning after my run. I woke up Friday morning, went to the gym and got horrendously sweaty, and then returned to find ZERO HOT WATER AGAIN. I had to take a quick sponge bath with water I heated up in the microwave, because I typically don't set aside time in the morning to boil hot water and pour it into the bath because this isn't the Oregon Trail. I went to work on Valentine's Day with so much oil in my hair it would've solved the world's energy crisis. It's a really good thing I didn't have anyone to impress. But it's fixed for real now, and I have never wanted to hug a maintenance man more.
I am also thinking that I am STILL not sick of snow. I KNOW. TAR AND FEATHER ME. I just find it so cozy and comforting. But I'm also ridiculously excited that it's supposed to hit the 50s one day this week. 
SMELLING: lunch in the oven. Don't get too excited; it's a frozen pizza. Womp womp. At least it's organic? I'm hitting up Trader Joe's later so lay off me. 
WISHING: I could lay down and read for days on end. So many things I'm dying to read, so little time.
HOPING: to hit the beach at some point this year. I need it. After living near it for so long, I hate that I can't just drive an hour there whenever I need to get away. An hour in any direction now will land me in the middle of a cornfield. It's not that I don't love a good cornfield, but I could use some warm sand right now. 
WEARING: mismatched sweats and no bra. I would start a fashion blog, but I don't want to shame you all with my superior sense of style (annoying alliteration alert). But James and I did accidentally both wear dark washed jeans and grey sweaters to church this morning. But mine had polka-dots, so it wasn't too twintastic. 
LOVING: that James just said "I don't have an Instagram because I know how to read." I like Instagram, but it still made me snort.
WANTING: to not go to the dentist this week. I know I have more cavities. I just know it. And last time I got a cavity filled, there was a tornado and they didn't give me enough Novocain and I felt things I shouldn't be allowed to feel. I can't live through that again.
NEEDING: to get myself to the librizzle.
FEELING: like I'm in a funk. I think it's the weather. Yes I love snow and cold, but it still starts to affect my mood around this time every year. Maybe I should paint my nails or something. But for now I'm going to make another cup of coffee and eat a chocolate covered strawberry. 


siddathornton

8 comments:

  1. no water? that really really sucks! I hate being cold...

    Oh and I thought of a sweeter sound then a man doing housework: the sound of the tardis descending. while your man does housework. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I feel your pain. When we still lived in Michigan in one week both the water heater and the furnace went out in the house MULTIPLE times. I wanted to die that week.

    I need to hit up the librizzle as well. I think I'm finally out of my reading funk and now I want to read all the things… except I have no time. *shakes fist in the air*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie...I don't envy you Midwest/East Coasters one bit. No hot water for days? Umm no thanks. I'll take my annoying 80 degree weather.

    I love it when Sam does housework, but that's just because that means that I don't have to do it! But, because my husband is a gimp for the next 3-4 weeks, I'll be doing all of it. To say that I'm super excited would be a big fat lie. I'm a horrible wife ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 625 pages?!??! No thank you. That's like when I had to read the The Illiad and the Odyssey in high school. NOT HAPPENING. Major props for sticking with that, sister.

    LISTEN we are twinsies through and through because Kate and I saw Monuments Men yesterday!!! LET'S TALK ABOUT IT. Actually, mostly, LET'S TALK ABOUT GEORGE CLOONEY IN UNIFORM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALSO JEAN DUJARDIN IN UNIFORM. AND BILL MURRAY IN GENERAL.

      Delete
    2. Twinsies? Really? THAT WORD. IT'S BIFFLES, GET IT RIGHT.

      Delete
  5. I'm going to hire a male housekeeper because I've forgotten what it's like to hear a guy cleaning. I'd pay someone to empty my dishwasher, and for once, that wasn't a sexual innuendo.

    "Don't get too excited; it's a frozen pizza." BUT FROZEN PIZZAS *ARE* EXCITING. I have one in my freezer that I'm going to have for dinner on Friday (not organic) (you're better than me).

    The weather is depressing. And it better not act up when you are driving here in ~two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need some beach, too. Feeling a little claustrophobic in between fields lately.

    Also, this picture? So gangsta. So hard.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.