2.23.2014

things that have been making me happy

Today is Monday, and Mondays suck, so here are some happy things.




1. Making dinner in the crockpot.
2. Bowling. Except when you pull a glute. Still trying to figure out how that happened.
3. Friends who want to come visit.
4. Warm February afternoons and open windows.
5. Stretching out on the couch with James and the cat and watching war movies.
6. Procrastinating the laundry.
7. Rice cakes.
8. Making super healthy snacks and lunches for the week. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, I feel awesome.
9. A day spent hermitting after a day of socializing.
10. How I Met Your Mother.
11. A clean desk at work.
12. Dark chocolate covered raisins.
13. New recipes.
14. Making tea in a teapot.
15. Homemade, natural beauty products.
16. Sleeping for 11 hours, even if it was due to over socialization.
17. One more week until New York
18. Cheesy tots. I haven't eaten any recently; they just sound really good to me right now. 


What's making you happy? It's Monday. Let's hug. 



12 comments:

  1. THIS WHOLE LIST. THE WHOLE THING = <3

    Specifically NUMBER 17. It is so close. I could SCREAM. And I probably will when you roll up to the compound.

    ALSO, re: number 18, I pinned this so long ago and have been dreaming about it for even longer. Maybe we need to make it when you're here?? http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2013/04/buffalo-chicken-tater-tot-casserole/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Maybe we need to make it when you're here?" SHE MEANS ME. SHE MEANS SHE WANTS ME TO MAKE IT. I know her tricks.

      Delete
    2. ~~YOU DON'T KNOW ME~~

      (but you're right)

      Delete
    3. I hope that you heathens use real chicken for that recipe...

      Delete
  2. I went bowling two weeks ago, and depsite the fact that I spin 4 times a week, I thought someone BEAT ME UP. I was so sore from bowling! I quite literally feel your pain.

    re: friends wanting to come visit? ME. I WANT TO COME VISIT.

    I wish I was hibernating in my house right now - even though I spent yesterday inside, why not make it two days in a row?

    BRB, FREAKING OUT re: your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MICHELLE. I *almost* booked tickets to NYC next week. Meg is going to celebrate her birthday and I wanted to but school totally cramped my style because "lolz you have 3 papers due"

    SO CLOSE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you use coconut oil for at home beauty products? it is my favorite for my bedtime moisturizer

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going bowling for my birthday! YOU SHOULD COME WITH. But also you will be in NY so whatevs.

    CHEESEY TOTS? Tell me more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not agree more with #9. And sleeping for 11 hours sounds like the most amazing thing in the world to me right now. The funny thing is, the baby is not the reason I can't get that much sleep...it's school! 6 more months and maybe I can make it happen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mondays around here aren't usually soooo bad, but today was pretty tough. The thing I loved most was that after a weekend away and coming back to a dirty apartment with absolutely no food, my boyfriend went out and got a few groceries so I could actually eat lunch before I had to go to class AND he cleaned a little while I was gone. So thankful, haha. I feel like I have no time or energy for anything domestic, even though I like cleaning and cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crock pots are one of the ways that I know that humanity is not all bad, if we are able to invent things so wonderful. Also, I think that you could make some killer cheesy tots/tater tot casserole in a crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tea in a teapot. I need me some of that.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.