3.02.2014

the sunday currently, vol. 3



READING: I just finished Divergent, and I really liked it. A lot more than I thought I would. Now I have a stack of books a friend from work thrust upon me that I'm not very excited to read, which means I started a different book last night. I can't handle reading more than one book at a time, but things got away from me. 
WRITING: a packing list for New York. Oh my gosh. Someone please keep me company on that 10 hour drive. I'm concerned for my sanity. Or recommend a good audio book. I might have to give that whirl. 
LISTENING: to a TON of Mumford lately. And some Avett Brothers in preparation for their concert....THIS WEEK? Whoa. I know all their old stuff but I'm not as familiar with their newer stuff. I just love them. They make me feel like I'm back in North Carolina, which is both a good and bad thing.
THINKING: that I'm so glad I went to the grocery store yesterday so I don't have to get out in the snow. Though it was PACKED due to the impending blizzard. Haven't we been through enough of these for you to know better, Ohioans? You're not going to starve to death. Except this time there was plenty of bread and milk on the shelves, but nary a lime to be seen. Plus, this isn't much of a blizzard. A foot of snow was forecasted, but now they're saying maybe three inches. I am yearning for some warmth, but I don't mind one last blizzard. 
SMELLING: a red velvet cupcake candle from Kristen, but I think it would be in my best interest to start smelling some waffles soon. 
WISHING: for a caramel macchiato and a spring/summer wardrobe, since I pretty much only have winter  clothes now. 
HOPING: the cold weather will leave soon so my dry skin will go away once and for all.
WEARING: a swim team hoodie from 10th grade. Yep. #fashion
LOVING: pink nail polish. It makes my toes feel like spring, even though they're wrapped up in wool socks. Also, fruit smoothies.
WANTING: a bubble bath. And a new phone case. Finding a case I love is a major production, and I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready for it. 
NEEDING: to wash my snuggie. I've worn it while eating a few too many times. I've clearly got my life together.
FEELING: antsy and anxious for New York, ambivalent about the March blizzard, and in the mood to bake muffins. Or at least the remaining box of Trader Joe's pumpkin bread. 

14 comments:

  1. Hola from the link-up! SO jealous you're going to New York!! Also love me some Mumford. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the link-up! Mentioning Mumford and caramel macchiatos makes me feel like a coffee shop stop should definitely be on my to-do list for today. I'm also intrigued by Divergent - I've heard good things and the preview for the upcoming movie looks interesting, but I haven't cracked the book yet. Maybe that will go on the to-do list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who reads more then one book at one time? I did not know this was a thing.

    Also, have a safe trip! HUG HUG HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH, IT'S SO SOON! SO SOON.

    I can't suggest any audio books, but I can suggest some podcasts!

    WASH YOUR SNUGGIE AND PACK IT.

    brb. freaking out.

    Mumford <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost bought myself that red velvet candle when I was in target the other day. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    Can you imagine a waffle scented candle? I would gain 50 pounds, simply because I would eat waffles every time I lit that candle. It would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will and I always listen to audio books on long drives. Some of my/our favorites were Bossy Pants, Why Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, and Where'd you go Bernadette?. (Okay, let's be honest, these were MY favorites and Will graciously listened to them for 14 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS IS ALL HAPPENING SO FAST. JK, I have been waiting for this week since the second I pulled out of your apartment complex in November.

    I LIVE FOR PODCASTS. When I lived in Vermont, I used to travel back and forth between there and NY a ton on the weekends, and I used to listen to so many podcasts on my drives. It makes the time go by so quickly!! I think I told you about my favorites before- but I always listen to the "You Made It Weird" and "Nerdist" podcasts. There are so many episodes with so many great people on them!!

    IS IT THURSDAY YET?!?!? <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried reading two books at once and I honestly don't understand how people do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Avett brothers are so good live. you will love it. it will be a life changing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avett Brothers are going to be so good! I'm happy for you and also a little jealous :). Scott and I have listened to The Hunger Games on audio book, Steve Jobs, and The Hound of the Baskervilles. Hunger Games was my favorite to listen to, but I'm guessing with the amount that you read, that you've probably already read it. Hound of the Baskervilles was good, but oh man, you have to pay attention and it takes a minute to get used to the language. Steve Jobs was good too, but not as engaging as the others. The library is a great place to grab audio books, btw. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you leave your winter clothes at Alissa's house so I have something to wear? Because I don't understand the standard definition of winter and I am not going to have anything remotely cozy to take with me! I MIGHT DIE HELP ME.

    I need to read more. Make me read more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Snuggie has powder sugar from doughnuts all over it. Because I'm a classy dame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope you're having a ton of fun in new york!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New York! How exciting!

    I'm almost done the Divergent trilogy audiobooks and I'm not really sure what I think. So much angry in it. I dunno, I'm just not enamoured with Tris.

    Have the greatest weekend. Keep taking photos. I've been drooling over your Instagram tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.