6.26.2014

things I don't understand, part 3

1. How are bloggers able to write monthly posts on their favorite makeup and skincare products? How do you buy that much stuff every month? How are you not bankrupt? I know that tinted moisturizer is pushing fifty beans. How are you not emotionally, physically, and mentally overwhelmed every time you get ready in the morning with all that makeup? Aside from switching up my eyeliner and lotions a few times, I've had the exact same makeup routine since 2007. There are 5,000 other things I'd rather spend my money on.

2. Why are kids graduating from 4th grade now? And first? And fifth? I graduated twice in my life: once from high school and once from college. AND THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE. I really don't think kids need to be wearing a cap and gown and attending a ceremony for making it through another year of school that's required by law.

3. I try to avoid fashion blogs, but I've seen a few people wearing these black hats, and I have to admit, I don't get it. Congratulations, you look like Mr. Collins.



4. Why I can be exhausted all day, but the second my head hits the pillow at night, someone in my head suddenly turns the lights on, and I'm WIDE AWAKE AND READY TO PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999.

5. Boudoir maternity pictures. IT'S AWKWARD FOR EVERYONE. No one needs to be reminded how you got into that position in the first place. You better also have some cash set aside for the therapy your child will need when they see those. And everyone else, for that matter.


I think that's enough grouchiness for one day. 

16 comments:

  1. "No one needs to be reminded how you got into that position in the first place" AAAAND GOODBYE. LOOPING FOREVER.

    BUT FOR REAL- how do people afford to "haul" every month? I am almost out of mascara and I am already ticked that I'm going to have to spend $12 on a replacement. I have been dropping contact solution into my current one, trying to make it last for as long as I possibly can. THANK YOU, PINTEREST.

    NO JOKE- I really, really want a cute sun hat like that black one up there. I DO. But I am afraid when I put it on, I am going to look like Mr. Collins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT boudoir maternity pictures is a thing?!?!?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha love this all! Thanks for the morning laughs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... boudoir maternity is thing?! Like... WHAT?! Also, yeah, the makeup thing is weird... have you ever watched one of those videos about 'contouring' or whatever? IT'S SO MUCH MAKEUP. How can you even walk around like that, especially in the summer?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy a lot of makeup instead of clothes, because clothes make me depressed, especially if they don't fit and USED to fit. So, makeup it is!!

    I'm not a fa of those types of hats either. I'm just not into that style, I guess.

    I'm grouchy too, so let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. boudoir and maternity.. two words i wish i had never seen together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand the graduating from all the different grades thing, even though I graduated from Kindergarten. But I also went to a kind of different school. It was only Kindergarten and it was at a high school so the students taking child development classes got paired up with us. It was also Seattle in 94/95, so that's awesome in retrospect. I didn't appreciate it as a 5 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BAHAH- I love your 'don't understand' posts because I pretty much am right there with you on all of them. I'm so with you on #4... my brain cannot shut off at night and it drives me crazy bc then I'm exhausted every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweet Jesus, maternity boudoir photos? Gross.

    I also don't get the graduating from every semester (which is where we're headed next, I guess) but I have to admit that my niece "graduated" from kindergarten and her cap and gown picture is quite adorable. Still. Unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would be so awkward if i was the person taking the boudoir maternity photos.... and i don't even want to think about me being the pregger lady trying to be sexy. that would fail... hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. LOLZ cause I'm doing my monthly haul post tomorrow, however when I promote Elf products that cost between $1-3, y'all know I ain't going broke trying to make my face look halfway decent.

    2. I was okay with kindergarten graduation, until I started seeing pictures that read, "Class of 2026" and then I reported them as spam.

    3. We've talked about this hat before, right? And that one person who always wears one?

    4. SAME HERE.

    5. I can't even read that paragraph without getting secondhand embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #5 goes right along with birth photography. There is no need! In fact, anything related to pregnancy should just not be photographed. I will make an exception for a few belly shots (meaning all of you in the photo - not your flesh globe), but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL- I always wondered how they afforded all that makeup and stuff too. Fashion bloggers for sure. I only WISH I could afford that many awesome clothes.

    I totally hear you on the graduation thing. I swear our school system graduates our kids multiple times before their real High School Graduation. I of course always attend to see my kids but never really understood it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahahahah!!! OMG your Mr. Collins quote literally had me in tears!! Awkwardest man alive! I'm not sure if he's worse in the 5 hour BBC version or the newer Kierra Knightley version. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The graduation one! Yessss! Thank you! I'm even of the mind that we put too much credit on those that graduate from high school... Yes, for some it is a huge struggle, but I feel like it's way over done. High school is required. Shouldn't be that big of a deal that you finished. I'd rather see what you're going to do with life now. But that might just be me and my grinchy self :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. SENSUAL GESTATION for life. Not even sorry I made you look at those pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.