1. If you're wondering how much fun I had last weekend, I read two full books and started a third. Take that how you will. I'm working on a slew of book reviews and recommendations for you.
2. I should not be allowed to drive in a thunderstorm. Torrential rain? I'm fine. Blizzard? I'm scared, but I'm fine. Lightning directly in front of me? I'm screaming and flailing and accidentally swerving toward a tree.
3. Yesterday I craved salt and vinegar chips so intensely that I almost scalped myself out of pure misery.
4. On Sunday I did a little shopping with my mom and noticed that some stores were starting to put out a few cardigans and sweaters. I did not hate it. I fondled a few of them and have been daydreaming about pumpkins and rain and scarves ever since. Deal with it.
4a. Speaking of mi madre, Happy Birthday, Mom!
4b. Reasons she is awesome:
1. She used to do computer programming stuff for NASA, aka she is brilliant.
2. She's hilarious. (see: your mom jokes)
3. She can knit a pair of socks/shawl/sweater/cabled scarf so beautiful it'll make you'll cry.
4. I discovered the Backstreet Boys in elementary school because I found the cd hidden in her car.
5. Her scrambled eggs will forever be better than mine, and I still can't figure out why.
5. If I didn't study English, I probably would've studied American History. Do you know how much I love it? More than girls love stripes. I could read a history textbook for fun. James and I have been watching HBO's John Adams series, and I've researching books to read on the American Revolution. Just because I'm no longer in school doesn't mean I have to stop learning.
6. I watched Ever After recently. That scene where Jacqueline says "I'm only here for the food" has been burned into my brain for eternity. Even when I first saw it as a kid I remember thinking "I feel you, sister." That's how I feel about life some days: I'm only here for the food.