7.16.2014

wednesday things

1. Yesterday it was in the low 70s with no humidity. IN JULY. I wore a cardigan, and I was comfortable. I could've cried it was so wonderful.

2. Sometimes, I accidentally on purpose dress up like Seth Avett.



3. Does anyone else feel you it takes longer to find something to watch on Netflix than it takes to actually watch something? Netflix should be more like Pandora: it updates based on your preferences, and you can thumbs down shows and movies so you don't have to keep weeding through the same junk. There's so much that I have no desire to ever watch. We've been all over some documentaries lately. If you want to be mildly horrified/ intrigued, watch When Strangers Click. It's extreme versions of online dating. Right now we're watching a documentary on Enron, because we #yolo really hard around here. Also, it has confirmed that I still do not have even a fundamental understanding of the stock market, no matter how much I've tried. I'm good at other things, you guys. I know other things.

4. James just got a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy Note. He decided he needed a break from Apple (don't talk me about this yet...I'm grieving)(how is he supposed to understand the full extent of my bad day if I can't send 17 crying face emojis?). What I can't get over is how big this phone is. Have you seen it? You could snowboard with it. You could serve a meal on it.

5. On Friday, I spilled coffee down my shirt, cleaned it up, and then immediately spilled it down my shirt again. Yesterday, I spilled it on me and my desk three times. I need help.

6. I had to call the gas company this morning because our bill was wrong. First of all, I hate calling  gas and electric companies because that means I have to call someone, and because they know you're forced to use their services. They know you can't threaten to disconnect and use someone else when they're not giving you satisfactory answers. But when they asked me for my phone number to verify my account, I remembered it. Small victories.

14 comments:

  1. SHELLAJAWEA. I screen shotted that snap and have looked at it 1000 times since. MY FAVORITE. <3

    One of my cousins has a Galaxy Note and when he took it out of his pocket I HONESTLY thought it was a mini iPad. It's excessive, but whatever. TEAM IPHONE FOREVER. I couldn't live without sending you the dancing twins emoji or the salsa dancing girl at least 14 times per day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I screen shotted that snap and have looked at it 1000 times since."

      Get a restraining order, Michelle.

      Delete
    2. "Get a restraining order" says the girl who comments on every single comment I make, ever. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I don't need the cattiness and prissiness and pettiness and passive aggression in my life. I have a cat for that.

    Can this be on a tee shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKAYYYY, OKAYYYY, I ALSO TOOK A SCREENSHOT OF THAT SNAP. But it's because I have something in mind! YOU'LL SEE. By the way, it made my morning. For real. Too perfect. You should probz tweet it at them and Joe Kwon, because Joey pays the most attention to Twitter. JUST SAYIN'.

    I love documentaries!

    Also, Samsung has to make their phones so big to make up for the fact that they aren't Apple products. JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BIGGER, DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE BETTER! Or something like that.

    Byeeee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Alissa is so intense with her love for AB that she knows who is the most active on twitter. #proud

      Delete
  4. Yes on the Netflix. Sometimes I just say "Jared- pick something now, hurry, first thing you see!" Because if not 30 minutes will seriously pass by and we're still scrolling! ACK! Also, saw someone with that phone last night and its massive! I have some crappy Alcatel phone which I thought was big until I saw that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Side eye emojii to the lack of snap...HOWEVER I wouldn't have known who it was anyways and just shamed you for having adult pigtails. SORRY IT IS AN EPIDEMIC OUT HERE. But you are cute so you get a free pass.

    I honestly cannot ever decide what to watch on Netflix....to the point that I would rather look on Amazon Prime because for some reason I can make a decision more quickly. Also I will start and stop like 4 movies before I actually decide on one. AND THEN IT IS BEDTIME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 70's sounds like heaven right now. HEAVEN. Give me this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have Netflix (I know) but I feel similarly about the On Demand feature of Comcast. It takes me five minutes to find a show I want to watch, and then when it's over, I have to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BEGINNING and start over again to watch another.

    Also, I can only dream of an Enron documentary around here. Last night I came into the living room and asked Matt what we were going to watch and he said, "Nazi Underground," specifically a very detailed documentary about Hitler. How uplifting for a Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Netflix should definitely have an option to simply delete all the movies that you never, ever want to see. It would make things much simpler!
    And where we used to live....last week...in Michigan it was 49 degrees in the afternoon a couple days ago. I would be offended by that kind of weather myself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up. Snowboarding on the phone is an awesome visual. Thank you for that. I think I'm going to check out the Strangers documentary. It sounds just creepy enough to be interesting. I usually wine so much about calling utility companies that Scott usually does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. um hey. been a month. where you be? :) (ps. can you handle that, you grammar freak?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been exactly one month since your last post. I feel like I need to tell you this.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me.