4 names people like to call you other than your real name:
3. Melissa (if you can't remember my name, there's a 99% chance you'll call me Melissa)
4. Michael (if you're my high school band director, you'll forever read Michelle as Michael)
4 jobs you've had:
1. Bakery/Barista person at Panera--a very mean former teacher came in one day and I sneezed on his bread when he wasn't looking.
2. News Writer for my college newspaper--the editor made me cry at least 3 times a week.
3. Receptionist at a rheumatology clinic--lots of grumpy senior citizens with arthritis. One lady left us an angry voicemail telling us to suck her big toe. My coworker's boyfriend was a local radio DJ and would give us shout outs every morning and play us Frank Sinatra.
4. Legal Assistant/Paralegal--I play pranks on my coworkers. I am that person.
4 movies you've seen more than once:
1. Anchorman--"I'm going to take your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!"
2. White Christmas--"How can a guy that ugly have the nerve to have sisters?"
3. The Holiday--"I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life."
4. Napoleon Dynamite--"Are you drinking 1% because you think you're fat? You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."
4 books you'd recommend:
1. The Hiding Place--so many tears for so many reasons
2. Quiet--introvert power!
3. 1984--creepy and wonderful
4. Bitter is the New Black--a little salty, but I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe
4 places you've lived:
3. North Carolina
4 places you've visited:
1. Charleston, SC--while living in NC, a friend and I drove 3 hours to Charleston on a whim for dinner. I need to go back.
2. Scotland--I accidentally found myself on the set of a BBC movie in the middle of Edinburgh.
3. Mexico--I ate beef tongue on a dare.
4. Jamaica--We were stranded when the airport workers went on strike for several days.
4 places you'd rather be right now:
1. A cozy cabin on a snowy mountain.
2. In my bed. Oh wait! I am. Finally.
3. Somewhere with blog friends.
4. Sitting by the tree and the fire in my parent's living room.
4 things you don't eat:
And I think my morning sickness just came back after writing those.
4 of your favorite foods:
2. Chili and cornbread
4 TV shows you watch:
1. Parenthood--and now I'm scared to be a parent
2. New Girl--don't get me started on my undying love for Jess' wardrobe. And also Schmidt ("youths!"). And also Nick. I'll just be over here giggling to myself for the next hour.
3. The Mindy Project--I had no idea Mindy was this funny. Also, Chris Messina. Bye.
4. Downton Abbey--if I can continue to withstand the emotional abuse
4 things you're always saying:
1. "James, where did you put the Apple TV remote?" --every night
2. "Your mom!"--much more frequently that I should admit.
3. "Hold on, I have to pee."--every 5 minutes
4. "I'm exhausted. I stayed up too late reading again."--every single morning at work.