12.17.2014

4

I've seen this on no less than 10 blogs recently (and by ten I mean two), so here I am contributing my two cents! Basically what I'm trying to do is forget I'm with child and responsibilities and trying to pretend like I'm doing a myspace survey in 2002 while waiting for the boy from English to get on AIM so I can sign on and off several times in a row to get his attention and/or post a pointed away message. You feel me. I know you do.

4 names people like to call you other than your real name:
1. Shell
2. Bellamy
3. Melissa (if you can't remember my name, there's a 99% chance you'll call me Melissa)
4. Michael (if you're my high school band director, you'll forever read Michelle as Michael)

4 jobs you've had:
1. Bakery/Barista person at Panera--a very mean former teacher came in one day and I sneezed on his bread when he wasn't looking.
2. News Writer for my college newspaper--the editor made me cry at least 3 times a week.
3. Receptionist at a rheumatology clinic--lots of grumpy senior citizens with arthritis. One lady left us an angry voicemail telling us to suck her big toe. My coworker's boyfriend was a local radio DJ and would give us shout outs every morning and play us Frank Sinatra.
4. Legal Assistant/Paralegal--I play pranks on my coworkers. I am that person.

4 movies you've seen more than once:
1. Anchorman--"I'm going to take your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!"
2. White Christmas--"How can a guy that ugly have the nerve to have sisters?"
3. The Holiday--"I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life."
4. Napoleon Dynamite--"Are you drinking 1% because you think you're fat? You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."



4 books you'd recommend:
1. The Hiding Place--so many tears for so many reasons
2. Quiet--introvert power!
3. 1984--creepy and wonderful
4. Bitter is the New Black--a little salty, but I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe

4 places you've lived:
1. California
2. Nevada
3. North Carolina
4. Ohio

4 places you've visited:
1. Charleston, SC--while living in NC, a friend and I drove 3 hours to Charleston on a whim for dinner. I need to go back.
2. Scotland--I accidentally found myself on the set of a BBC movie in the middle of Edinburgh.
3. Mexico--I ate beef tongue on a dare.
4. Jamaica--We were stranded when the airport workers went on strike for several days.

4 places you'd rather be right now:
1. A cozy cabin on a snowy mountain.
2. In my bed. Oh wait! I am. Finally.
3. Somewhere with blog friends.
4. Sitting by the tree and the fire in my parent's living room.

4 things you don't eat:
1. Olives
2. Coconut
3. Coleslaw
4. Almonds

And I think my morning sickness just came back after writing those.

4 of your favorite foods:
1. Pizza
2. Chili and cornbread
3. Fruit
4. Hummus

4 TV shows you watch:
1. Parenthood--and now I'm scared to be a parent
2. New Girl--don't get me started on my undying love for Jess' wardrobe. And also Schmidt ("youths!"). And also Nick. I'll just be over here giggling to myself for the next hour.
3. The Mindy Project--I had no idea Mindy was this funny. Also, Chris Messina. Bye.
4. Downton Abbey--if I can continue to withstand the emotional abuse

4 things you're always saying:
1. "James, where did you put the Apple TV remote?" --every night
2. "Your mom!"--much more frequently that I should admit.
3. "Hold on, I have to pee."--every 5 minutes
4. "I'm exhausted. I stayed up too late reading again."--every single morning at work.



11 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS. Going to steal it, just warning you now.

    I had no idea you used to work at Panera!! Now I will know to behave myself when I am there, I don't want anyone sneezing on my meal.

    Every time I see that "{looks at nachos} I'm busy" I have a GIGGLE FIT. I'd do the same thing.

    UMMM. Chris Messina, though. FOR REALS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More olives for me! And coconuts! And coleslaw and almonds!

    I'll fight you for the pizza :)

    Did I know that you used to work at Panera? I don't think so! How did I not know this?

    Speaking of "salty" - I just got a salty email form a co-worker, so excuse me while I avoid work for the next hour because I'm annoyed, and do this blog post instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! i have been watching parenthood on netflix and i tell brad my fears of being parent after every episode when we are trying to fall asleep at night. good luck with that whole raising a kid thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you did this - I was waiting for it!

    All of those movies!! I need to rewatch Napoleon Dynamite, it's been far too long. Also, Anchorman 2 is on Netflix now, so I need to rewatch that as well to see if I like it any better than the first time I saw it.

    I completely forgot you're not a coconut fan. I hope I've never sent you anything coconut-flavored...

    New Girl gives me all of the fuzzy feelings. I love everything about that show so very much. Parenthood makes me rage.

    YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hiding place is definitely in my top ten and White Christmas is just the best.."freckled faced Hanes the dog faced boy!) I LOVE New girl (ALL DAY) and just started watching The Mindy Project, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your mention of humus made me gag.

    *also going to steal this post idea*

    ReplyDelete
  7. The signing off/signing on trick on AIM is new to me. Good one! I can't believe I never tried that. Downton Abbey and emotional abuse-- I'm right there with you! We've only got 3 more episodes in season 4 left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New girl--- new girl, new girl, new girl! Everything you said and more! I'm obsessed w/ that show, Jess, her wardrobe, pretty much every unique character and everything they've ever said on that show.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be stealing this.

    And I love you for Napolean Dynamite and The Holiday. Two of my favorite movies.
    I will admit that I had to read 1984 in high school and I totally used the Cliff Notes of it to write my paper on it. I don't remember a THING about that book. I wish I had a bff who was Schmidt and Nick combined. Actually...I want my last single sister to marry someone who is a combination of those two people, because that would be the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funnily enough, cow tongue, or "lengua" as he calls it, is Angel's favorite food in the whole world. And I probably wouldn't even eat it if dared.
    I always toyed with the idea of working for my college newspaper...but yeah, I was totally scared of the editor. I don't think I like writing to be TOO serious.
    And I also say 'your mom' way, way too much. In my defense, it's 100% my husband's fault. I never said it until I started hanging out with him and he says it all the time. Now even my baby sisters say it because of his bad influence. And my parents say it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you just talked about signing on and off of AIM. Isn't that weird how we all had those SAME techniques to woo those boys? Ah.. how I loathe those days...

    I just requested a book (blogging for books!) that's called J and the description talks about the book 1984. I should probably read it someday.

    We share pretty dang similar TV shows. Parenthood is wonderfully dramatic. I love it. And Downton?! It makes me want a British accent terribly bad.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.