3.08.2015

currently, vol. 11



Feeling: the Sunday blues. And very, very sore in the hip and baby areas.

Craving: SMOOTHIES. Sweet heavens, smoothies. 

Watching: Blue Bloods. It speaks to me.

Listening: to the chirping birds. SPRING!!!! This is the first time in my life I've been excited about melting snow. I feel so trendy!

Drinking: James got me a Tiramisu latte last night. I did not hate it at all. But I just drained a glass of sparkling raspberry and lime water equally as wonderful. Sparkling water always makes me feel snazzy and important.

Reading: Real Food for Mother & Baby. There's a lot of good information, but I would also like to punch the self-righteous author in the face. A paraphrase: "if women would just eat a little better during their first trimester, there would be no morning sickness." SAY IT TO MY FACE, I DARE YOU.  

Planning: to cry when my alarm goes off in the morning. Curse you, Daylight Savings Time. 

Making: things with fabric and embroidery hoops. The sun was shining this morning and it's been in the 40s, and it made me feel so alive that I ordered some fabric with pink llamas on it. I don't regret it in the slightest. Every baby girl needs pink llamas in her room, right? 

Cooking: Beef enchiladas. Hot diggity.

Thinking: a Sunday night without Downton is not a Sunday night for me.

Loving: Warm weather! I had no idea how much the cold was affecting me until the temperatures hit the 40s and my mood completely changed. James got my car washed and the salt is gone! I even painted my nails pink! It took some cirque-de-soleil moves, but I did it. I'm ready to part with my boots for quite awhile. 

Disliking: Running into coworkers at the grocery store. There I was bopping through the Trader Joe's produce section, looking fresh-to-death with a purple bra under a translucent and stained red and white shirt, frizzy hair, and a complete disregard for makeup when I looked up to see a coworker. We then ran into each other in every single aisle. 

18 comments:

  1. I was having a REAL moment yesterday afternoon when it was 6:45pm and still sunny out. I was NOT having the same moment when it was pitch black at 6:45 this morning. Is it worth it? Maybe. But I still plan to complain about it until I get adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Are there any pregnancy and parenting books out there that AREN'T self righteous and judgy? It seems like everyone that happens to have a glorious and glowy pregnancy thinks they've discovered the key to the great pregnancy mystery. It really bugs me. But on a side note, if you've read any amazing books on those topics that are balanced and down to earth and *gasp* maybe even a little funny (??), I'd love to hear your recommendations!

    I can't believe how close you are! I'm so excited and can't wait to see that little baby! EEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Are there any pregnancy and parenting books out there that AREN'T self righteous and judgy? It seems like everyone that happens to have a glorious and glowy pregnancy thinks they've discovered the key to the great pregnancy mystery. It really bugs me. But on a side note, if you've read any amazing books on those topics that are balanced and down to earth and *gasp* maybe even a little funny (??), I'd love to hear your recommendations!

    I can't believe how close you are! I'm so excited and can't wait to see that little baby! EEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read that book, but don't remember that quote. I couldn't disagree with her more! Overall though I really enjoyed that book, but I also take each and every "advice" book with a grain of salt, because they all tend to be one sided. I gleaned a lot of helpful things in dealing with my gestational diabetes. While I felt like her advice for introducing food to your baby was good, it just didn't work for us. Some children are just picky & not willing to try certain things, it's one of those pick your battle kind of things. You're too far out from that to even be thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, beef enchiladas! Please share the recipe, because that sounds delicious.

    I was driving home from the grocery store yesterday afternoon and the roads were wet from melting snow, and I kept chanting, "Melt, snow, melt!" Fingers crossed we don't get any more until next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking yesterday how I miss wearing all my "summer" shoes. And then I woke up to snow this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing worse than running into a co-worker is running into a student! Oy vey! Yeah both those feelings keep my ducking and diving skills on point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT? hahaa. I eat only organic food. Before I got pregnant I was on month three of the paleo diet. I don't think I could have eaten any healthier if I'd been stranded in a banana grove. And I had crippling nausea. Like awful. Not hardly any puking (I'm sorry) but nausea so bad I couldn't move or everything would swim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning sickness without puking? Count your blessings! ;)

      Delete
  9. I heard birds a week ago when it was -40. It was an omen of warm weather to come. I almost ran some over on my way to work. I'm so glad they're back, too.

    Tiramisu latte? Amazing. Sparkling water? Now I'm thirsty.

    I miss Downton, too. Only 10 more months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard birds a week ago when it was -40. It was an omen of warm weather to come. I almost ran some over on my way to work. I'm so glad they're back, too.

    Tiramisu latte? Amazing. Sparkling water? Now I'm thirsty.

    I miss Downton, too. Only 10 more months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate it when you run into someone at a store and then keep seeing them. There's only so much awkward small talk! (Plus for me its usually a student)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate it when you run into someone at a store and then keep seeing them. There's only so much awkward small talk! (Plus for me its usually a student)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're enjoying the warmer weather! A favorite pastime of Angel's and mine this past winter has been looking up the weather in towns where our relatives live in America and laughing at the low temperatures, since we were finally free of them!
    Very mature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, the hymn on your March calendar is one of my all-time favorites.

      Delete
  14. Birds chirping is DEFINITELY a good sign. California (Southern, at least) kinda skips spring altogether and goes right into summer so that sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it crazy how the weather changes everything? It hit FIFTY here on Monday and it was seriously like a heat wave. I almost broke out the flip flops. And everywhere I went, everyone was so HAPPY! There were a few days this winter I wasn't sure if it would ever get that warm again! Enjoy that llama fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the finale of Downton, but I'm bummed we have to wait another year to catch up with everyone again. What will happen to Anna and Mr. Bates next season! The awkward aisle run-ins with your co-worker must have made for some very creative conversations!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.