8.24.2015

currently, vol. 14



Feeling: Productive. I did so much cleaning yesterday. The nesting instinct from pregnancy has never quite gone away. My need to scrub baseboards doesn't feel as urgent as it did over the winter, but that doesn't mean I'm not constantly fantasizing about cleaning out more closets and purging while taking care of the baby. Yesterday I couldn't take it anymore, and I started pulling things out of the coat closet and throwing them out. It was so organized when we moved, but it turned into the place we threw everything when people were coming over. Well, it looks so good now I might leave the door open at all times to show it off. After I pulled everything out, I asked James to help me sort through things, but he confessed he had started organizing his closet while I was purging the coat closet. I guess he's nesting, too.

Also, you guys, I GOT THE STROLLER. I'm going to go ahead and just change my name to Dave Ramsey. I spent a week searching the world wide web for sales on strollers and an Ergobaby carrier. I found both. For fifty percent off! Everyone raves about the Ergo, and I can think of so many instances a good carrier would be nice to have (aside from the back pain and the sweating, of course), so I nabbed it. Worst case, if I don't like it, I'll sell it. But anything is better than the torture chamber of the Baby Bjorn.

I fell down the rabbit hole of baby carriers last night and looked at ring slings. $180 for a strip of fabric? L.O.L.

Watching: Anna told me about The Delivery Man on Netflix, and I immediately started watching it and then watched it again with James because it is so funny. It's a British sitcom about a man who quit his job as a cop to be a male midwife. Hilarious.

Listening: to The Oh Hellos a lot lately. They're perfect late-summer music. Though after a fun afternoon out on Saturday, I took the long way home and drove through tree-covered hills with gorgeous waves of green leaves speckled with little spots of yellow and red. The leaves, they're just starting to change! I was listening to a little Mozart at the time, and I had a moment. Twas perfection.

There weren't any leaves on the trees when Gracie was born. When I finally emerged from the house three weeks later, the trees were bright green. It truly feels like that was last week. I swear time goes so much faster when you have a baby. 

Drinking: coffee, per usual. I wore my Need More Coffee shirt to Trader Joe's yesterday and the cashier thought it said Need More Cowbell. That would be an equally awesome shirt. 

Reading: Jane Eyre! Somehow I've made it 26 years and have even gotten a degree in english lit without reading it. I probably shouldn't admit that, should I? I have a sneaking suspicion I was supposed to read it in high school? I probably spark-noted enough to pass the tests because I remember nothing. Anyway, I've had a copy of it for awhile and finally started reading it this past week. I'm devouring it.

Cooking: tacos. Well, James made them. But I took the guacamole out of the fridge.

Thinking: I can't wait to stick my toes in the Pacific Ocean. But I'm also dreading the trip. But also really looking forward to it. It's going to be in the 70s today! Maybe I'll go on a walk this morning? Maybe I'll put the laundry away? Why doesn't FedEx update their tracking info?! I'm on pins and needles here. Does this qualify as cruel and unusual punishment? If you knew how much I love tracking things online, you would agree that it does.

And I can no longer think about this because The Boss is awake. 

7 comments:

  1. Just a couple of months ago, I ran into an old high school teacher of mine at my brother's awards ceremony, and somehow we got on the topic of summer reading. He mentioned a book we read for his class, and in a moment of panic/clarity I full-on admitted that I split the assignment with my best friend (she read the first half of the book, I read the second half) and we did our essays together. I waited this long in the hopes the statute of limitations has passed for them retracting my high school diploma. We both got a laugh out of it it, at least!!!

    Praying for a safe and peaceful trip for you guys!! Send me some pictures from the West Coast, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say taking guacamole out of the fridge ABSOLUTELY counts as you making tacos ;) That's like when Jared cooks and I wash the dishes... so I totally claim that "we" made dinner- haha. JANE EYRE FOREVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love to track packages! I haven't had to track one in a while ~logs into Amazon~.

    TACOS AND GUAC. YASSS. That's what I had for dinner last night! And what I'll be eating leftover all week. What's that? Oh, yeah, I made them last week, too. Oh, and two weeks before that. Whatever!

    The leaves are juuuuust starting to change here, too! I'm readyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: it took me 2 tries to get through JE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truth: I had a really hard time with Jane Eyre, and eventually gave up. I much prefer Austen to Bronte any day. You know what is fantastic though? Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I inhaled that book like it was chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane eyre sounds like a good read for fall :) I think I have tried it before and quit but I've noticed if I give classics enough time I finally will get into the flow of the thing and then it's great! It's been like that with every Austen I've read and even my favorite, Little Women, which I read every year takes a little adjustment before I get really into it. I'll be praying about your trip! And I'll be waiting to hear your opinion on the Ergo because thus far I'm pretty anti-wrap myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for fall! I'm exactly the same way...I have to take my time with the classics or I'll end up hating them.

      I've put G in the Ergo several times, and she screamed the first two times. I think once I get the straps adjusted a little better and once she gets used to it it'll be ok. At the end of the day, we both prefer the stroller.

      Delete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.