10.02.2015

6 months



My child is 6 months old.

That's half a year. Another half a year until she's a toddl--STOP. I can't take it.

I could tell you how precious and wonderful she is, but I'll sum it up by saying that after declaring I would NEVER have another baby, I told James the other night that someday I think I might want another baby. She's wooed me into wanting a house full of babies. But then, she picked THAT NIGHT and the following day to scream nonstop for no reason, which she hasn't done since the newborn days of yore, so I have since retracted my statement, and her reign as only child is secure for now.

She is chunky and squishy and smiles with her whole entire body. I am so in love with her. Forget plastic or wooden toys, she loves anything made from fabric and yarn (my child!!!). Her favorite toys are blankets and pillows. Stick a pillow in front of her and she will kick it for hours. She kicks her legs nonstop. Whenever anyone comments on it, I want to say now you know why I was so uncomfortable while pregnant! James bought her a stuffed animal dog before she was born, and it's her best friend. Her legal name is Louise, but she goes by Puppy. She's also on the verge of making friendship bracelets for Raggedy Ann.

When we were in California, she started babbling "mama," and I physically cannot handle it. She sometimes repeats it back to me now, and I fall on the floor sobbing every time. She thinks our cat hung the moon, and she completely lights up whenever Noel walks by. She only tolerates baths when James gives them to her, and she calms down immediately when we sing to her. She loves when James plays his guitar and sings to her, and I'm currently reading the Little House on the Prairie books to her. It's never too early for a little Laura Ingalls Wilder!

She loves being outside and grins every time the wind blows her hair. She was the happiest baby on the beach in California, except she screams whenever the sun is on her face (that Irish DNA coming out). She looks just like James, and no joke, already has some of his annoying mannerisms. This is proof God has a sense of humor.

Being her mother is both harder and more wonderful than I ever could have imagined. Some days I feel like we're frolicking on rainbows, and other days we scream and cry together. Whenever I think I have her figured out, she switches things up again. Our life together is a game of trial and error. I'm constantly torn between my yearning for time alone to do what I want and then desperately missing her whenever I get it. I'm so glad she's mine. I'm so glad I spend my days with her. I can't wait to keep watching her grow up, as long as she promises to live with me forever.

11 comments:

  1. Every time you post a new Gracie photo I think to myself "This is my new favorite!!!" and every time, I AM WRONG. I can't wait to meet this beautiful little lady someday soon. Happy half birthday, Gracie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it. You and Gracie are making me yearn for mommyhood. My heart can't handle it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to be THE BEST mommy some day!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait until she's older and gets to read everything you write about her :) :) I meant that in a good way!

    HAPPY SIX MONTHS, GRACIE. I love half birthdays <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's the coolest. No joke, I swear Gracie appeared in a dream the other night. At least, I saw a baby with hair like hers and I dream-thought, "She looks just like Michelle's baby." The Hair is apparently incredibly memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is seriously the cutest baby ever. Congrats on raising her for a whole half year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (continuously nodding head throughout reading this post)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this made me smile real big. Babies are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just the cutest most precious little girl that could possibly exist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her. She is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.