10.16.2015

currently, vol. 15




Feeling: Happy and tired. Gracie and I walked to the neighborhood park this afternoon, and I introduced her to the swings. She's never had so much fun in her life. Meanwhile, I felt nauseated watching her swing back and forth.

Watching: The Great British Baking Show. I AM STRAIGHT UP IN LOVE. I've been watching every cooking and baking show I can get my paws on lately. When Gracie was first born and nursing all day long, I whizzed through Iron Chef, Cutthroat Kitchen, and Chopped, and yesterday I finished Worst Cooks in America (team Bobby Flay forever). I started The Great British Baking Show this morning and it is positively delightful. They're baking in a tent in the English countryside, and there are some old men, some grandmas, some people my age, and a teenager. I love them all. I want them all to teach me their ways. I want to spend a week straight in the kitchen working on my skills. 

Listening: To the wind blowing through the leaves outside. It's 60 degrees and breezy and the windows are open. This is my weather.

Drinking: Pumpkin spice coffee, because October.

Smelling: My apple candle. I used to ration my candles and only burn a tiny bit at a time, because the thought of burning through a favorite candle makes me hyperventilate, but I'm trying to force myself to get over that. I've been burning my candles and it makes life so much happier.

Reading: Wuthering Heights. I've only heard bad reviews of it, but I've decided to read my way through the Bronte sisters, so it had to be done. And I kind of love it so far. It's creepy. It's perfect for this time of year. 

Cooking: Nothing at the moment, but I have a bag of honeycrisp apples from the orchard, so I think I'm going to try my hand at some apple cheddar biscuits this weekend. What soup should I make to go with them?

Thinking: About attacking some of James' birthday cake I baked him. You don't think he'd notice a huge slice missing, do you? Please say no. Eating it will just give me an excuse to go bake something else, which is all I want to do at the moment. Apple cinnamon bread, I'm coming for you!

13 comments:

  1. I can't help but feel a slight twinge of jealousy when I see everyone's crispy leaf pictures. I only get soggy ones here. Living vicariously through anybody and everybody in the lower '48 since 2009...#neverforget

    I have a potato leek soup recipe that would be perfect to go with apple cheddar biscuits if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT PICTURE! Let me pinch those cheeks!

    Every morning when I come into work lately, I have been putting my purse down and immediately opening my window as wide as it can go, and letting the cool morning air roll in as I cautiously open my email, bracing as I get ready to read something work-related that will more than likely kill my vibe. But the weather! It's amazing! I can't shut up about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin soup. I feel like it would be heaven with those biscuits.

    Fall weather is a thousand times better than summer weather. I love the pants, shirts, sweaters, scarves, and, most importantly, not sweating to death all. the. time.

    Never end, fall. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin soup. I feel like it would be heaven with those biscuits.

    Fall weather is a thousand times better than summer weather. I love the pants, shirts, sweaters, scarves, and, most importantly, not sweating to death all. the. time.

    Never end, fall. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm apple cheddar biscuits sound amazing. I made sweet potato soup last weekend and it was heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Great British Baking show! I have to catch up--I think I have three episodes on the dvr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of your 60 degree weather! It's still in the 80's here, but is that stopping me from having my pumpkin spice coffee? Absolutely not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started a new job a few weeks ago, but then we went and picked up 40lbs of apples, and 10 lbs of pears, so all I want to do is bake and drink tea. I found a really amazing recipe for a rustic apple coffee cake, I'll send you the link.

    Also, your kid is to cute. TOO CUTE. You're killing me with cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found that show this week on Netflix and I looooove it! And I vote potato soup ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato soup it is! I seriously can't get enough of this show! How do I learn to bake like that?

      Delete
    2. I know! So far I like the one older lady (she sounds just like chummy!), the older man Norman, and the 17 year old girl. I about died when the chummy lady said "I'm ganache-ing my buns!" ;D this is definitely inspiring me to dig through my Pinterest boards for a good recipe!

      Delete
    3. She DOES sound like Chummy!! And Norman...he is so precious. I want to go visit him in Scotland. I'm stunned that a 17 year old can bake like that. All I could make at 17 were scrambled eggs. This show is dangerous. I watched some this afternoon, and before I knew what happened I was sticking some apple cinnamon bread in the oven.

      Delete
  10. Excuse me...apple cheddar biscuits?? I MEAN, I'm not against them-- not even for a second. Speaking of cheddar and cheese in general, going to the Meltshop wasn't the same without you and Kelsey, but it didn't stop me from going, and I'm sorry for that. Let's go back to the city??

    I've been wanting to read Wuthering Heights-- more or less because I've been reading the Twilight books and that's Bella's fave read and zomg I am an embarrassment to myself.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.